It’s time to get excited about the summer and those much needed vacations. While many are diligently planning and packing for beach side retreats, there is an elite group of artists who are brainstorming solutions for something that can easily be overlooked—our hair! From choosing the perfect hair color to repairing the damage that chlorine can wreak on our lovely tresses, hairstylists are on the job to make sure that our hair is on point!
Always willing to use his artistic hands and knowledge to beautify his clients and fans, even during Hair Appreciate Day, we caught up with international and award-winning hair stylist, Katsumi Kasai, to get the inside scoop about summertime hair maintenance and how to keep our tresses summer sexy.
1. What is the most trendy and convenient hairstyle for the summer of 2016?
The low bun is the perfect style for this summer. It’s easy to create and looks chic and put together on a hot and humid day especially because it’s a style that doesn’t require a lot of products. It’s a great style for work or the weekend and all it takes is a hair tie and couple of bobby pins.
2. What celebrities can be seen wearing this style?
This style can be seen on Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Lawrence, and Jessica Alba.
3. What hair colors is prefect for summer beauty?
It’s always a good idea to go with a color that can take a little sun since you’ll be spending more time outdoors. Lighter shades with hints of blonde or honey tones translate really well to the summer.
4. What styles should people avoid during the summer?
Anything that’s overly fussy or that requires a lot of product should definitely be avoided. Summer hair should be natural with minimal styling. It’s the perfect time to let your hairs natural texture come through and put away damaging styling tools. You don’t need a straightening iron or too much blow drying in the summer.
5. What is the best way to care for hair after soaking up the sun, and getting sand and chlorine in the hair?
All of these elements are really drying to the hair, so replenishing moisture should be your first priority. Rinse hair with clear lukewarm water before shampooing to clean all of the sand, saltwater or chlorine out. Then shampoo with a gentle moisturizing shampoo, follow up with a rich leave in conditioner and let your hair air dry. Blow drying is not a good idea after your hair has already been through so much.
6. What is the best way to maintenance and repair your hair during summer activity?
Here are a few tips:
- Moisturize and get it trimmed regularly during the summer. See your stylist once a month for a trim to get rid of all of the sun and saltwater induced damage will really make a difference in the health of your hair.
- Using a leave in conditioning treatment once or twice a week will also help protect hair from drying sun damage.
- Avoid heat styling as much as possible. The summer can really fry your hair and adding heat styling on top of it can be too much for the hair to handle.
To learn more about Katsumi Kasai and his amazing tips and styles, visit his website at: www.kasaihair.com