Give the truly unexpected for Mother’s Day from Marshalls. Too many mothers fall into the same routine year after year, being taken out for brunch by their family, receiving a mixed bouquet from their daughter and a gift card from their son who never knows what she might need or want. This year, mix it up and surprise your special Mom with a gift that’s truly unexpected and something she may not have even thought of. Has she ever worn an off-the-shoulder sweater with chic wedge booties? Does she just love to fill her lingerie drawer with pretty bras and panties with lots of lace? Has she ever paired a button down denim shirt with a navy vest? If not, take Mom just outside her comfort zone and encourage her to try something new. She’ll love it and so will you!
If your Mom is fashion forward and just loves being in style, choose a dress, cardigan and handbag from the neutral color palette. Pick a soft jersey tee dress done in light heathered taupe to pair with a creamy ivory open front cascade cardigan. The dress fits easily, gently accentuating her curves and hinting at the waist for a slim silhouette. The cardigan cascades gracefully down the front with wide layers of ruffles. Perfect for the corporate or professional Mom, it goes from the workroom to the boardroom. Complete the look with a large brown satchel detailed in black. A top zipper keeps her belongings safe while a handy outer pocket keeps her cellphone handy.
If your Mom is active and always manages to make time for an early morning workout or an evening run, surprise her with performance active wear that moves with her. Pair a black racerback sports bra with a bright orange racerback tank with narrow strips of fabric worked into an effortlessly chic design. Slip in a pair of subtle black floral stretch capris strewn with full-blown blossoms on a soft grey background. Finish your Mother’s Day gifting with a pair of brand name performance footwear with touches of bright turquoise, neon green and hot pink to lift her spirits and make her feel light on her feet. When the Mother’s Day breakfast buffet is over and the flowers have died Mom will continue enjoying these unexpected gifts. A special surprise is waiting for you at Marshalls. Click here to find out what it is. More surprises for Mom from Marshalls and T.J. Maxx feature:
- La Terre floral turn lock satchels $29.99 (Compare at $55)
- Sandra Darren elbow sleeve keyhole dresses $29.99 (Compare at $60)
- Stephen Dweck sterling silver and pink quartz earrings $149 (Compare at $248)
- All over pointelle cardigans $19.99 (Compare at $34)
- Jones New York Signature elbow sleeve V-neck tops $12.99 (Compare at $20)
- Stephen Dweck sterling silver and blue quartz cushion cut rings $129.99 (Compare at $228)
- Milor Italy gold tone plated hoop earrings $29.99 (Compare at $60)
- Helmut Lang asymmetrical bras $29.99 (Compare at $60)
- Gucci coated canvas GG Supreme zip wallets $349.99 (Compare at $495)
- Schutz leather Hurrache espadrilles $59.99 (Compare at $120)
- Jessica Simpson ‘Livvy’ pumps $34.99 (Compare at $65)
- Elan one shoulder cinch tops $12.99 (Compare at $34)
- To see the complete selection of gifts to surprise Mom on Mother’s Day, visit Marshalls and T.J. Maxx. Marshalls is located at 7201 Two Notch Road and 268 Harbison Boulevard in Columbia. T.J. Maxx is located at 321 Forum Drive, and 138 Harbison Boulevard in Columbia, 5454 Sunset Boulevard in Lexington, and 1300 Broad Street Ext. in Sumter.
As always, maximize your style and minimize your spending.