Get Tamu McPhersoon’s street style with picks from Dior. As the photographer and blogger behind All The Pretty Birds, Tamu McPherson chronicles the fabulous looks of the street style set and is one of the most well-dressed women on the street style scene. Often favoring printed dresses and skirts with colorful accessories, McPherson isn’t afraid to mix prints, and the end result is always playful and polished. Get her style with The Real Real’s edit of looks inspired by Tamu’s fun approach.
Pair a floral print midi dress with high heeled floral embellished sandals, a silk maxi dress with a denim patterned jacket, or a printed short dress with suede crossover sandals for some of the best looks on the street. Bright, fun and functional, your sense of style and color will shine through as you follow the trend. If you’ve never paired blue high-top sneakers with a blue and white pinstripe dress or a long sleeve plaid dress with leather cuffed sandals, this is the time try it. Toss out the old rules about never mixing prints, stripes and patterns and hit the streets in style as you let your Tamu be your inspiration and your imagination br your guide. An unusual duo I’d like to try it a printed asymmetrical skirt and multicolor spike sneakers. It brings runway fresh style and comfort together in an interesting and unlikely mélange. And yes, the sneakers really do have tiny spikes on the top!
For a look that goes everywhere you do, pair a neon yellow, brown and multicolor Hussein Chalayan sleeveless A-line dress with Proenza Schouler embossed leather sandals. The dress is an abstract impressionistic floral watercolor with mesh detail at waist, a square neckline and concealed zip closure at left side. Touches of orange, turquoise and gold work their magic in this artful spring dress. The bodice gently hugs your curves and defines the waist before flaring gracefully to above the knee. The sandals add height and silver stud detailing adds a bit of glam. Add sparkle with ceramic Cleopatra drop earrings and carry an orange Clemence leather Hermès handbag with palladium hardware for the necessities. Once you’ve found your street style, it’s hard to stop! More street style picks you may want to shop feature:
- White and blue Isabel Marant denim jacket with abstract pattern throughout $125
- Blue, green and purple MSGM strapless silk maxi dress with layering at bust $295
- Black, purple and navy Raquel Allegra tie-dye sleeveless maxi dress with gathering at front $275
- Blue light wash Rag & Bone wide-leg jeans with five pockets $75
- Multicolor Rebecca Minkoff slip-on canvas sneakers with floral print throughout $95
- Ivory Temperley London skirt with pattern and gold-tone sequin embellishments throughout $175
- Teal suede Jimmy Choo sandals with crossover straps at tops $145
- Green, yellow and multicolor Julien David printed short sleeve dress with crew neckline $175
- Blue and white Trademark pinstripe dress with gathering at front $75
- Grey Current/Elliott skinny jeans with monochromatic leopard print throughout $45
To see the complete selection of Tamu McPherson’s street style picks or to place an order online, visit The Real Real.
As always, maximize your style and minimize your spending.