23 days left to the biggest party day of the year, have you made your plans to go and see one of your favorite local bands playing at one of the many local venues who are opening their doors on New Years Eve to support the local music?
Without support the local music scene is suffering, please take the time out to go see a local band play. The local musicians put on a great show no matter what is happening around them. The local musicians and the bands will put on the same show if there are 10 people in the audience or 20,000 people. They are the true entertainers in the industry.
The local venues need the support also, without them opening their doors to the musicians there would be no $5.00 cover charges for 10 bands playing, great food and drink prices, most of all there would be no place to go see these talented musicians play. Take the chance on seeing a great show, having some great food and drinks and meeting a musician that someday will be performing in front of thousands of people.
“The GERG SHOW” every week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 – 9PM EDT/EST (-5 GMT) 4 – 6PM PDT/PST, Indie Scene Radio station owner, program director and Host DJ, Gerg Anidem, hosts his LIVE show introducing new independent music artists from around the globe every week! The station streams at 320K for THE BEST audio stream on the internet 24/7/365! Turn it up!
Tuesday December 8, 2015
- PPRN Presents Lucid Empire & Vinnie Pagano – 7 pm – Peter Pinho welcomes the band Lucid Empire to the PPRN studios. Self-described as offering a mix of rock, R&B, hip-hop, reggae and other, Lucid Empire will talk about their adventures in the indie music scene and perform a live mini-concert.
Also, PPRN continues to present the brightest talents in the comedy scene with special guest Vinnie Pagano, who brings a mix of music and observational wit to his comic stylings. You may have seen in on stage or in his Vine videos – tonight, he’s sitting in alongside resident funnymen Peter Angelo and Phil Hall.
It’s all happening live – unscripted, uncensored and unapologetic – on PPRNLiveRadio.com!
- Belle Of The Fall / Rudeyna / Jose Oyola at Cafe 9 – 8 pm – 250 State St, New Haven, Connecticut 06510 – Get tickets
10:30- 11:15 Belle of the Fall
9:45- 10:15 Rudeyna
9- 9:30 Jose Oyola
Wednesday December 9, 2015
- PPRN Presents Kayte Devlin & The Not Mikes – 7 pm – Peter Pinho welcomes the sultry folk singe/songwriter and the Crock ‘n’ Roll band The Not Mikes for an evening of super music and memorable talk. PPRN regulars DJ Maxx, Joe Reddington and Phil Hall join the fun – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic on PPRNLiveRadio.com!
- Jazz for Tots – 7 pm – Cave à Vin – A Wine Bar on State Street 975 State St, New Haven, Connecticut 06511 – Jazz Haven and Cave a Vin are sponsoring a benefit for Toys for Tots. Please visit Jazz Haven for more info and to donate if you cannot attend.
Friday December 11, 2015
- Dance To The Ceiling Comes Down – 7 pm – Garage of Patchogue 8 Maple Ave, Patchogue, New York 11772 – $5 Cover At The Door.
- Unplugged – Live @ Cook’s Cafe – 7 pm – 203 Church St # 1, Naugatuck, Connecticut 06770 – Are you tired of your ears continuously bleeding from excessively loud guitar solos and screaming? Cook’s Cafe has the solution.
Horribly Right is hosting an acoustic show comprised of local favorite hard rock bands from Massachusetts and Connecticut. We have some once in a lifetime special surprises in the works! Sponsored by: Anti-Radio.
7:00 P.M. – Vision Within
8:00 P.M. – SNAP
9:00 P.M. – Horribly Right
10:00 P.M. – Breathe CT
11:15 P.M. – Jeremy Zombii
12:00 A.M. – I Swear To God I’m A Madman
Juan Croucier of RATT , Retrofeelya, BackLash, The Polaris Breach – 7:30 pm – The Chance, 6 Crannell St., Poughkeepsie, NY, US – Price: $ 15.00
Joon at Kaptain Jimmy’s Restaurant & Distillery 916 Suffield St, Agawam, Massachusetts 01001- 8 pm – Going to be crazy, Ryan is going to try and backflip over Luc’s drumkit! You are not going to want to miss this… ***No cover***, ***Show 8PM***
Pulse Ugly sweater party With special guests “five dollar shake” – 9 pm – Shamrock Pub and Grill 210 Meadow St, Waterbury, Connecticut 06702 – Come party ONE LAST TIME in 2015 with Pulse as This is the last CT showing till MID Jan 2016!
Pulse’s friends in the band “Five Dollar Shake ” playing as well, what better way as we get closer to the holiday then Dance, Drink and sing while all in our UGLIEST sweaters!
Make them really ugly as the person who is wearing the ugliest will win a Shamrock gift card!!
Five Dollar Shake 9-10
- The Patrones Pre-Holiday fun at the Red Zone! – 9:30 pm – Red Zone Sports Bar 54 W Main St, Plainville, Connecticut 06062
- Shakedown The Hungry Tiger Cafe! – 10 pm – 120 Charter Oak St. Manchester Ct
Saturday December 12, 2015
- PPRN’s 4th Annual Toy Drive Concert – Cook’s Cafe 203 Church St # 1, Naugatuck, Connecticut 06770 7 pm – PPRN Radio is hosting its 4th annual toy drive concert – with the goal of bringing Christmas joy to kids whose families are struggling financially .
Hosted by PPRN’s Peter Pinho, this year’s concert offers a stellar line-up of the funniest stand-up comics – Peter Angelo, Ian Cunningham, Brian D’Angelo, Matthew Heath, Marcellino “Moose” Hill, Joe Reddington and Mel V – plus the best talent on today’s indie music scene – including Bad Larry, Impulse, The Sawtelles, Siksay, The 34s and Temujin – along with a few surprises.
The show will be broadcast live over PPRNLiveRadio.com, with a podcast replay available over iHeartRadio, iTunes and other Net channels that carry PPRN.
Admission is $10 or an unwrapped new toy – all proceeds and merchandise collected during the concert will go directly to help families in need enjoy a happy holiday season.
Cook’s Cafe is located next door to the Naugatuck Fire House at 41 Maple Street in Naugatuck, CT.
And if you are unable to attend the concert but would like to make a contribution to the toy drive, please send PPRN a message via Facebook.
Billy Killoran & Friends – Classic Quiche Cafè – 7:00 pm – 330 Queen Anne Rd, Teaneck, New Jersey 07666 – Join Billy and friends for what should be a most enjoyable evening of music.
Blessed with Talented friends Billy will be joined by Jimmy McElligott on Vocals & Guitar * Muddy Shews on Vocals & Bass * Russ T Blades on Drums. They always have some surprise guests you’ll most definitely enjoy and to Pinch a Quote A Splendid Time is Guaranteed for All ! Hope to see you there.
- Sanctuary (Iron Maiden Tribute), Vision Serpent , Striven – 7:30 pm – The Chance, 6 Crannell St., Poughkeepsie, NY, US – Price: $ 10.00
- Fate On Canvas Live At Cherry Street Station! – 8 pm – 491 N Cherry St Ext, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492 – This is Fate On Canvas’ debut performance at Cherry Street Station, and they are pumped to make it an awesome one! Join them in making their dream into a reality!
Stikpin and Hearts & Thieves will be opening up the night! Don’t be late for these guys!
All shows at Cherry Street Station are Strictly 21+
- In the Red returns to Allstars Rock Bar – 8:30 pm – 119 Spencer St, Manchester, Connecticut 06040 – In the Red returns to Allstars Rock Bar in Manchester CT. with special guests Red December, and Suns Out Guns Out.
- Schools Out (Alice Cooper Tribute) with Retrofeelya – 9 pm – Whiskey Ally’s 12 Tighe Ave, Newburgh, New York 12550
- 3RD Annual Toys For Tots – 9 pm – Shamrock Pub and Grill 210 Meadow St, Waterbury, Connecticut 06702 This will be the 3rd Annual Toys for Tots toy drive for the kids of New Haven County. Come join them at the Shamrock Pub and Grill with an unwrapped toy and lets help the Marines Toys for Tots New Haven achieve their goal for this Christmas Season ” Merry Christmas!”” Brass City Buzz.
- Thee Kilkenny’s Kickin’ Rock N Roll Kaleidoscope – 9 pm – Kilkenny Ale House 27 Central Ave, Newark, New Jersey 07102 – No Cover! Donations accepted.
Three fantastic bands to serve some fresh hot RnR.
10:00PM – DamNation Machine 2015: Nothing fresher than this act. The great Mike Mindless (Skulls) debuts his newest project.
11:00PM – Supermajor: Rippin’ rock with sweet harmonies direct from NYC.
12:00AM – Ingrid & The Defectors: Pure hard hitting punk pop with former members of Charm School with Newark’s own Dave Lancet and Jeanne Carno-Rosenberg.
Kitchen open ’til midnight, so order some munchies and come upstairs to dig into some good eats and music.
Sunday December 13, 2015
- Reasons, Ethafulm, Smitty, Chris Carlozzo, & JP – 8 pm Garage of Patchogue 8 Maple Ave, Patchogue, New York 11772 – Drink Specials All Night Long.
From 8-Midnight, Live Music and DJ All Night
Chris Carlozzo and Friends
JP’s Acoustic Insanity
Please take a moment out of your busy shopping schedule to sit back and enjoy music and great food at a local venue.
If you would like articles like this delivered right to your inbox please subscribe to the author.