Shopping season is in full swing this week. It’s time to break up all the holiday tunes being played on the radio stations and check out some local musicians. A perfect way to end your shopping days with some great music and food.
Without support the local music scene is suffering, please take the time out to go see a local band play. The local musicians put on a great show no matter what is happening around them. The local musicians and the bands will put on the same show if there are 10 people in the audience or 20,000 people. They are the true entertainers in the industry.
The local venues need the support also, without them opening their doors to the musicians there would be no $5.00 cover charges for 10 bands playing, great food and drink prices, most of all there would be no place to go see these talented musicians play. Take the chance on seeing a great show, having some great food and drinks and meeting a musician that someday will be performing in front of thousands of people.
“The GERG SHOW” every week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 – 9PM EDT/EST (-5 GMT) 4 – 6PM PDT/PST, Indie Scene Radio station owner, program director and Host DJ, Gerg Anidem, hosts his LIVE show introducing new independent music artists from around the globe every week! The station streams at 320K for THE BEST audio stream on the internet 24/7/365! Turn it up!
Tuesday December 1, 2015
- PPRN Presents Anthony Skillz, John Scott, Brandon Smith & Friends – 7 pm – Peter Pinho welcomes one of the brightest new talents on the hip-hop scene: Anthony Skillz, who started writing music and freestyling in his basement when he was 15. Now at the age of 24, he is on the cusp of a music career breakthrough. And remember, folks, you first heard him on PPRN Radio!
Also on the show is the return of John Scott, one of the most versatile and eclectic singer/songwriters on today’s indie music scene. He’s joined by another returning guest: comic Brandon Smith, star of the popular ComedyLOL.com podcast.
Plus, in-house funnyman Peter Angelo is joined by special guest co-host Brian D’Angelo, who brings his unique brand of high volume comedy to the Net. It’s all happening live – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – on PPRNLiveRadio.com!
Wednesday December 2, 2015
- PPRN Presents The Right-Offs, Melanie Vaverchak & Friends – 7 pm – Peter Pinho welcomes The Right-Offs, a band that specializes in garage rock and heavy blues. In the band’s words: “We play rock ‘n roll nice and loud.” This should be a lot of fun!
Also on tonight’s show is the sublime Melanie Vaverchak, who is quickly becoming one of the most popular personalities on the stand-up comedy scene. Mel V (as her friends know her) brings her special brand of observational humor to PPRN, and she is also among the comics on the December 12 PPRN Toy Drive Benefit at Cook’s Cafe in Naugatuck, CT.
Plus, DJ Maxx is back, along with guest co-host Joe Reddington, who is also among the comics slated for the upcoming toy drive show. It’s all happening live – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – at PPRNLiveRadio.com.
Friday December 4, 2015
- Siksay Band at The Thirsty Goat 23 Scovill St, Waterbury, Connecticut 06706 – 9 pm – Siksay band hits The Thirsty Goat in Waterbury, covers and original music, show up rock out and get your drink on!
Saturday December 5, 2015
- St Lawrence Christmas in the School House Extravaganza – 10 am to 4 pm – St Lawrence School 231 Main St, West Haven, Connecticut 06516 – There will be something for everyone – young or old.
Fresh baked Apple Pie, Pony Rides (Saturday 12 – 2), Costume Jewelry Table, Raffles, Children Crafts/Games, Bake Sale, Entertainment – Progressive Music Singers will be performing (2:15 pm to 3:00 pm), Fresh Balsam wreaths, Santa’s Attic, Children Pictures with Mr. & Mrs Claus, Irish Dancers, and so much more.
Vince Martell & His Band of Brothers at LI Music Hall of Fame Benefit – 6 pm – Mulcahy’s Pub & Concert Hall 3232 Railroad Ave, Wantagh, New York 11793 – Holiday Ball to raise funds for the Long Island Music Hall of Fame.
The Mix Rock the Mill! – 8 pm – Windmill Restaurant 400 Hollister St, Stratford, Connecticut 06615 – They are taking the Show back to Stratford. Early 8:00 start to the Mayhem, See you all at the Mill!
The Lawn Boys at The Acoustic 2926 Fairfield Ave, Ste 3, Bridgeport, Connecticut 06605 – 8 pm – The Lawn Boys Phish Tribute are playing their very first gig at The Acoustic in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Let’s do this! Check out the venue website.
Front Row Band Will be ROCK’N the house Saturday night Dec. 5th at the Slanted Shanty Come on in and join the party. Slanted Shanty 1169 Meriden Waterbury Tpke, Plantsville, Connecticut 06479
Jeff Slate & Friends: Weekend Wilburys Holiday Kick-Off – 9 pm – Hill Country Barbecue Market 30 W 26th St, NYC | Brooklyn | D.C. – Jeff Slate & Friends bring their rocking, Wilburys-inspired show to Hill Country Live! on Saturday, December 5th to kick off the holiday celebrations, with two sets of music beginning at 9 PM. Make your FREE “club level” reservations at 212-255-4544 early as Jeff’s recent Hill Country shows have been SRO!
Jeff Slate and his all-star band – featuring musicians who have played with some of the greatest roots rockers of all time –return return to Hill Country Live! with an evening of stellar music, including hits and deep cuts from Tom Petty, George Harrison, Jeff Lynne and Roy Orbison, alongside original music from Jeff’s career inspired by these Americana legends, with a special emphasis on the music of Bob Dylan.
KICK – Shamrock Pub and Grill 210 Meadow St, Waterbury, Connecticut 06702 – 10 pm – After their successful debut The Band Kick is back at The Shamrock.
Monday December 7, 2015
- 3rd Annual Toys for Tots Toy Drive – Watermill Caterers 711 Smithtown Byp, Smithtown, New York 11787 – Join us on Monday December 7 from 6:30 PM-8PM for our 3rd Annual Marines Toys for Tots Toy Drive & help those less fortunate this holiday season by donating an unwrapped toy. Stay for a fun filled evening with photos with Santa, live music & desserts. Admission is complimentary.
- Siksay Band On The Jess And Ian Show – See what the bands got coming up next! What they have done and their plans for expanding. Learn about the members and hear a few covers and originals. Call in and ask a question or two!
If you would like your event listed please send and email to us.
Please subscribe to the author to have articles like this delivered to your inbox. Weekly things to do, interviews with your favorites.