It’s officially festival season and expect nothing short of spectacular styles all around. We all know to expect plenty of flower crowns, feathers and fringe, but let’s step it up a bit with some of our fabulous finds. Take a gander at what floats our boat, and then find your own inspiration. Go wild with the accessories. Get creative and have fun. The key is to choose glam garb that lets your inner light shine out. While keeping in mind you will be dancing for days and walking miles on end… Oh, and a killer pair of sunnies will make any outfit complete.
We have compiled a quick list of festival fashion survival tips below. Above all – have fun & take a risk. There’s no better time than to take a close your eyes and try out something crazy you’ve had your eye on. Carpe diem – seize the festival!
1. These boots are made for walkin’. Be sure that your boots, sandals, tennies or other footwear choice is make for walking. Be sure to have worn your footwear options before your first day at the festival. No one wants blisters and bandaids as part of their attire for the day. Your feet will be grateful!
2. It’s all in the bag. While pint-sized purses are awfully adorable, you want to be able to stash some essentials in your tote. In particular: suncreen, lip balm, oil blotting papers, a scarf, tissues, anti-bac, hair ties, sunnies, a collapsible water bottle, bandaids (just in case), and extra phone batteries or charger. There are many other essentials you could also throw in there, but these will get you going.
3. Protect those peepers. There is no better occasion to sport some fun and fab sunnies than an outdoor music festival. Go wild and have some fun with your eyewear. For a top-of-the-list fab find, check out Marilyn Monroe and James Dean sunnies to rock stylish shades that will stand out and make an impression. The company is marvelous and the looks are one-of-a-kind.
4. Skin-tastic style. Be sure to remember you will be outside all day, and the weather may not cooperate. However with or without the sun’s rays shining on you, your skin will still be exposed to UV rays. Be sure to wear clothing with some type of breathable fabric and don some sunscreen to avoid a nasty burn!
5. Skip the floral crown and wear a hat. Hats are all the rage now, and there are plenty of options to choose from. Be unique and stand out, while staying cool and protecting the delicate skin on your face. Choose a hat that shows your personality, and has a brim wide enough to add some sun protection. Your face in 20 years will thank you!
For a complete list of musical festivals, check out Music Festival Wizard. We are stoked for Coachella this weekend!!