Summer might not quite be here yet, but the summer fun at Miller’s Outdoor Theatre begins in May. Miller’s Outdoor Theatre offers free entertainment for children of all ages. Miller Outdoor Theatre is located at 6000 Hermann Park Drive in Houston. Seating is available for over 1,000 people, plus there are 20 wheelchair spots. In addition, there is lawn seating for those who choose it. Chairs, blankets, lunches, drinks, and snacks are all allowed, but no glass containers, please. Shows start at 11:00 a.m.
Summer children’s shows include:
- The Puffed-Up Prima Donna. Wednesday, May 11; Thursday, May 12; and Friday, May 13
- Swing, Jive, and Pop! Into Dance. Wednesday, June 1
- James and the Giant Peach, Jr. Wednesday, June 8; Thursday, June 9, and Friday, June 10
- Summer Neighborhood Concert. Tuesday, June 14
- Journey through China VI. Monday, June 27
- Fantasia: Music from Disney’s Beloved Fantasia Films. Tuesday, June 28
- Hear the Artists of Tomorrow! Wednesday, June 29 and Thursday, June 30
- Journey through China VI. Friday, July 1
- Children’s Hilltop Festival: The Emperor’s New Clothes. Tuesday, July 19
- Children’s Hilltop Festival: My BFF, the Dragon. Wednesday, July 20
- Children’s Hilltop Festival: The Great Zoo Switcheroo. Thursday, July 21
- Children’s Hilltop Festival: Santa’s Rockin’ Reindeer – Christmas in July! Friday, July 22
For more information, visit their website.