Ford Motor Company issued a recall for nearly 300,000 trucks, SUVs, and cars after it received reports of accidents and at least one injury. Ford’s recall includes five major problems affecting numerous types of vehicles.
Ford’s April 29 updated recall website allows owners of any Ford truck, SUV, or car to search the company’s website for any necessary recall by the vehicle’s VIN number. Below is a list of vehicles and major recall problems issued this week:
1. The 2011-2012 Ford F-150 and the 2012 Ford Expedition, Ford Mustang and Lincoln Navigator are being recalled for transmission problems.
2. The 2014-2015 Ford Explorer and Ford Police Interceptor Utility are being recalled due to suspension problems.
3. The 2016 F-Series Super Duty pickup trucks are being recalled due to tire problems which might cause rapid deflation and potential loss of vehicle control.
4. The 2007-2012 Ford Flex, Ford Taurus, Lincoln MKS and Mercury Sable are being recalled due to airbag problems.
5. The 2016 Ford Fusion sedans are being recalled due to seat track problems.
The majority of vehicles affected by the Ford recall includes more than 200,000 of the 2011-2012 Ford F-150 and the 2012 Ford Expedition, Ford Mustang and Lincoln Navigator. In regard to all of the above recalled trucks, SUVs, and cars, Ford dealers will take care of the transmission, suspension, tire, seat or airbag problem.