There are lots of things to celebrate now that the holidays are here, including the fact that Finlandia Imported Butter is now available in Massachusetts. With holiday baking season underway, it’s time to start thinking about what to make for Christmas. From cookies to cakes, Finalandia Imported Butter has got you covered.
Lia Weber, owner of Made.by Lia and winner of season 4 of TLC’s ‘Next Great Baker’ reality television show hosted by Buddy ‘The Cake Boss’ Valastro, has created some recipes to help you look like a seasoned baker, even if you aren’t. Lia recently partnered with Finlandia Imported Butter designed just for baking and cooking. Here is our favorite recipe for Gooey Butter Cake courtesy of Lia Weber and Finlandia Imported Butter:
(Makes 1, 9 x 13 cake pan)
Cake Base Ingredients:
- 4 oz. Unsalted Finlandia Imported Butter, softened
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbsp. Milk
- 1/2 Tbsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 box Yellow cake mix
- Gooey Topping Ingredients:
- Equipment needed: 9 x 13 cake pan, mixer with paddle attachment
- 8 oz. Unsalted Finlandia Imported Butter, softened
- 8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb. Powdered sugar
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Milk
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease pan with Finlandia Imported Butter
- Begin by making the cake base
- Mix Finlandia Imported Butter, egg, water, vanilla, flour and cake mix in a mixing bowl fitted with the paddle attachment until just combined
- Press into the cake pan.
- In the same bowl, begin to mix Finlandia Imported Butter, cream cheese, vanilla, salt, powdered sugar, cake flour and milk
- Once it starts to come together, add in the eggs, corn syrup and water
- Mix on medium speed until smooth, light and fluffy
- Spread evenly over the cake base and place into the oven. Bake at 350 degrees until the sides are golden grown and the middle is just set and lightly golden (approximately 35-45 minutes)
- Let cool
- Once the gooey butter cake has cooled, sprinkle the top with powdered sugar and dig in!
- Perfect for a Holiday breakfast or brunch, pairs well with a hot cup of coffee!
***Can be made ahead of time, refrigerate overnight or freeze for up to 2 weeks, bring to room temperature before serving.***
CAKE BAKING TIPS
Always use quality ingredients, this will make a huge difference in your baking. Butter, believe it or not, is the star of the show, so be sure to use a premium butter – like Finlandia Imported Butter – I guarantee that you’ll taste the difference. Always bring butter, milk and eggs to room temperature: this helps make a lighter fluffier cake. To add moisture to cakes, substitute sour cream or yogurt instead of milk. When making buttercream, bring butter to room temperature & whip till it gets pale in color. Always check the date of your baking powder & baking soda, this will affect how your baked goods rise.
For more information, visit www.finlandiacheese.com.