Home is a very special place and you realize that when it’s filled with family during a holiday, or on the couch with cocoa and your favorite book on a rainy day. The essence of the house can be manipulated with color, furnishings, texture and lighting. But there is another dimension of organization that you may not have great knowledge about: Feng Shui.
This is an ancient principle that guides the placement of objects and utilizes the spatial planning so that your home is effortlessly inviting in good feelings and warmth.
To that end, today we have Feng Shui & Space Clearing Expert, Laura Carrillo. Laura is founder of Narrative Space Feng Shui. As a certified member of the International Feng Shui Guild, Laura uses her Feng Shui and space clearing expertise to help people connect to the energy of their environments and manifest the wants and desires they all long for. Whether they are looking for love, fertility, success, financial growth, or simply a harmonious environment, Laura identifies what energies and items in the home are in the way of the set goals.
Today Laura has brought some of her expertise to share for creating peace at home:
5 Tips for Creating Peace at Home!
Feng Shui is a beautiful physical language of energy that includes metaphor and symbolism. This concept is what inspired me to call my Feng Shui practice Narrative Space.
To create a peaceful home, start with a clean clutter free space. Energetically speaking having a clean space that is free of clutter, allows for peaceful energy and opportunity to enter. It’s about making the space for these things…
5 Feng Shui Tips for Peace and Harmony at Home
- Make your entrance inviting and obstacle free. The entrance is considered the “Mouth of Chi”. All opportunity and blessings come through this portal so you want to invite the “chi” or peaceful energy in. A welcome mat and wind chime at the entrance are both great suggestions.
- Feature beautiful Art that inspires you and is harmonious with who you are. These visual cues will help create an energetic narrative that will start to manifest itself. You can curate your art from a Feng Shui perspective by using the Bagua which is an energetic map of nine different life centers in Feng Shui. If you match the theme of the art with the theme in your life, it creates a template that magnetizes what the art is depicting. If you desire love; place love themed art in the Love Gua etc.
- Treat your bedroom as sacred space solely for the purpose of love-making and sleep. Instead of electronic equipment such as computers, television and phones which serve as distractions and impede on peaceful sleep and healthy romance; have candles, soft organic sheets in soothing flesh tones and romantic art. These simple shifts can change and enhance your quality of sleep and sex life and help you unplug for the night.
- Your bathroom can be a peaceful sanctuary. Turn it into your personal spa with Epson salts, essential oils and candles.
- Fresh flowers and plant energy bring loveliness and harmony into any space!
If you really want to enhance and change the dynamic in your home and transform your space, have it Feng Shui’d and Space Cleared! Arranging your space with the energetic principles of Feng Shui and clearing it with the alchemy of Space Clearing maximizes the energetic potential of your space and facilitates harmony and positive change with the most impactful and accelerated results.
“Feng Shui is a beautiful physical language of energy that includes metaphor and symbolism.”
Narrative Space is founded on the principle that our homes are mirrors of our personal narrative. Our stories can be seen in the way we live and we can play a conscious role in what our story is going to be. What’s your story? Edit your place with Narrative Space. To learn more about Laura Carrillo and Narrative Space check out http://narrativespacefengshui.com/.