This past Tuesday, event and show producer Vic Perez was joined by friends, family, colleagues and celebrities to celebrate his 50th birthday at the 103 Lounge in Glendale, CA. Perez was joined by notables such as fashion designer Rocky Gathercole of “America’s Top Model” fame, up and coming songwriter Edmund Perlas and concert producer Faith Bayona of GF Bayona Productions, known for producing shows in Southern California with A-list talent of the Philippines.
The night was filled with delectable Filipino appetizers along with entertainment from the likes of celebrity cellist Matthew John.
As a marketing professional sensation in the Philippines, Vic Perez stumbled upon the entertainment managing and producing world when he met Lani Misalucha, becoming her manager and helping pave the wave for her success as a world renowned singer who had a long standing show in Las Vegas.
Perez emigrated to the U.S. to further his experience in the entertainment business by connecting with well known concert production company, Starmedia. This pairing led him to become one of the sought after producers for not just only Filipino concert events in Southern California but also various throwback concerts featuring the likes of The Stylistics along with Peaches & Herb.
Aside from events and concerts, Vic also keeps his hands in the mix of his original marketing profession. He’s produced various TV commercials, marketing campaigns for various businesses in the United States and in the Philippines. His current marketing clients include Century Tuna, networking giant UNO, Image Spa MD, and Rock Honda along with other clients.
Perez isn’t resting on his laurels as he heads up the United States arm of the search for Century Tuna’s Superbods model competition. The model search is looking for the best and brightest young Filipino Americans to represent the United States at the finals in Boracay in the Philippines.
The open casting for the competition commences today at Seafood City in Eagle Rock and Sunday at Seafood City in Panorama City. The contestants who pass the open casting will move forward to the U.S. finals on March 6 at the Dream Wedding and Banquet Hall in Los Angeles.
Other notable events produced by Vic Perez include:
• “Fides Ecclesiae,” a musical based on the lives of Saints Pedro Calungsod and Kateri Tekakwitha. —the first Filipino production to play at Pantages Theater in Hollywood—in December 2012 and February 2013.
• “4 Da Laffs,” featuring the Philippines ’top comedians—Pokwang, Pooh, Chokoleit and K Brosas—in July 2013 at Alex Theater and Pala Casino.
• Ms Philippines USA 2013 beauty pageant on August 18, 2013 at La Mirada Theater for the Performing Arts.
• “Bridge of Hope” all-star benefit concert for the victims of typhoon “Yolanda,” in November 2013 at Carson Community Center.
• “LA Ballroom Dancing Show” in Mrch 2014 at La Mirada Theater for the Performing Arts.
• “Commodores with Club Nouveau” in May 2014 at Pala Casino.
• “Basil Valdez with Geneva Cruz” in August 2015 at The Grove of Anaheim and Pala Casino.
Vic Perez also made big announcements for his upcoming events in 2016 including the pairing of Jim Brickman and Kuh Ledesma in the concert dubbed “Heart and Soul” happening at The Grove in Anaheim, plus an upcoming concert with Asia’s songbird, Regine Velasquez.