Party on, party long all while looking your absolute best. For New Year’s Eve partying all night long is more literal then figurative, so don’t hesitate to bring in the New Year with flawless style.
Bedazzling your ensemble has never been so easy, although a uniformed black look–polish yet simple– is also the way to go. From captivating dresses to shoes that make a statement, here are the the most enviable NYE party looks..
1. Few Moda ‘Elsa’ Bib Necklace $30 www.fewmoda.com
2. Alice + Olivia Teardrop Me Clutch $238 www.aliceandolivia.com
3. Temperley London ‘Rosette’ Dress $225 www.temperleylondon.com
4. Ivy Kirznher Sandals $388 www.shoescribe.com
5. Karl Lagerfeld Minaudiere K-Lux Clutch $175 www.karl.com
6. Rare London Limited Edition Gold Sequin Jumpsuit $52 www.rarelondon.com
7. Sass and Bide Maxi Skirt $340 sassandbide.com
8. Judith Ripka Canary Crystal Drop Earrings $325 www.judithripka.com
9. Huishan Zhang Cut-Out Lace Dress $1,105 www.brownsfashion.com
10. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Meryl’ Heels $126 www.revolveclothing.com
NYE’s Style Tips
It’s all in the Clutch. For New Year’s Eve accessories are king. This is the moment where you have licence to spend an exuberant amount on clutches (although our list includes two fab clutches at a reasonable price) Clutches are meant to outshine every single piece including the dress! If you want to splurge on any one item it should be the clutch. The glitzier the better.
Formal over Casual. New Year’s Eve parties are different from most in that an actual celebration is taking place. There is the actual party that begins the eve of December 31st then the obligatory celebration once the clock strikes midnight. Which brings us to the conclusion: New Year’s Eve fashion is a formal affair. It’s why most guys go for a tux as oppose to a t-shirt and jeans. Besides, if you’ve been invited to a New Year’s Eve party that requires an RSVP or entry ticket you want to show you made the effort to play the part. Take the time to pick an elegant formal outfit, it makes for better Instagram snaps and you might just meet that special someone at the party!
Have fun. Shopping for New Year’s Eve outfits is probably the most fun you’ll ever have all year. It differs from shopping for other Holidays in that you’re actually spending time to shop for yourself. From the dress to the shoes to the accessories, have fun in picking out that eye popping outfit to closeout the year and ring in the new one!