Small Business Expo 2016 Chicago – an annual event for business professionals to learn about products and services to help grow their businesses, as well as network with other industry professionals – was held on Thursday, April 21 at the UIC Forum, located at 725 West Roosevelt Road. Hundreds of established and aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners attended the all-day affair that provided workshops, presentations and free resources.
Some (resourceful) exhibitors
The expo was carried by 20-plus sponsors, 80-plus exhibitors and a handful of business development organizations. The Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies (IES at UIC) and Hyde Park Chamber of Commerce (HPCC) were exhibitors present near the expos entrance, ready to get aspiring entrepreneurs and established small businesses on the road to success. IES is UIC’s resource for inspiring and empowering entrepreneurs. The HPCC has supported local business growth since 1939.
Other advanced resources available were business consulting and professional development coaching platform IM Thinktank, business vision strategist Entrepreneurial Endeavors LLC, Saper Law Offices, Jeffrey Breslow Art Gallery, as well as ZipLocal business website development and support.
Expertise ranged from marketing, wealth accumulation, strategic breakthroughs and business funding to internet marketing and creative marketing concepts. Author, speaker, international trainer and life coach Joe White led the workshop, 8 Simple Steps to Sell and Get Paid Like a Rockstar. ‘Marketivity’ expert Keith Aichele led the workshop, Build an Extreme Marketing Machine for Extraordinary Success. World renown author, motivational speaker and A-List marketing personality behind the massive Powerteam International sales and professional speaking organization – Bill Walsh – concluded the day’s activities with his presentation on selling from the stage and launching a speaking business.
90% of business involves marketing
With all the social media platforms that pop up in the span of a blink, as well as websites, it’s certainly not humanly possible to establish web presence everywhere. Fortunately, it’s not necessary.
Walsh said effective leadership, systems and accountability – along with being associated with a relevant social cause that resonates with your brand – are really the ingredients for achieving success.
“Social impact is the currency of the future.”
Walsh offered a brief, yet content-rich walk-through of websites and other resources for anyone to successfully launch a business inception to launch – all without breaking the bank:
- Web graphics (illustrations, logos, images): www.fiverr.com, www.99Designs.com, www.m13graphics.com
- Word processing, speeches, proposals: www.upwork.com, www.fiverr.com
- Tribe building: www.follr.me
- Flyers: www.nextdayflyers.com
- Website: www.godaddy.com
- Videos: www.YouTube.com , www.vimeo.com
- Livestream: www.livestream.com, Facebook mentions
- Creating communities (memberships): www.memberium.com
- Newsletters: www.constantcontact.com, www.mailchimp.com
- Website visitor activity tracking: www.mouseflow.com
- Live chat / Customer Support: www.snapengage.com
- Conference calls: www.freeconferencecall.com
- Professional communities: www.vistage.com, www.BNI.com, www.letip.com, www.toastmasters.com, www.meetup.com
- Publicity pitching: www.helpareporter.com
- Teleseminars: www.instantteleseminar.com
- Facebook business page popularity checker: www.socialmediascraper.com
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): www.nimble.com
- Content curation: www.curalate.com
Who’s in your network?
If anyone knows that one is only as useful as the top five people they surround themselves with, it’s Bill Walsh. Video testimonials of Walsh’s entrepreneurial genius and impact were shown, one A-list business giant after another. From Shark Tank’s Kevin Harrington, world renown authors and motivational speakers Mark Victor Hanson, Les Brown and Brian Tracy to former president Bill Clinton, Walsh wasn’t bashful in sharing how his inner-circle helped leverage the success he enjoys today.
“Expand or you’ll be expendable,” cites Brown during his testimonial.
“You’re only as great as the team around you,” Walsh co-signed.
Powerteam International is a leading business success education conglomerate, providing corporate and entrepreneurial training programs, venture funding and business coaching globally through online trainings, live events and full-service business consulting.
For more information on any of the sales or marketing platforms, opportunities and events offered through Powerteam International, visit www.ipowerteam.com and www.billwalsh360.com, respectively.