The new year has not slowed down a bit, in fact time just seems to be flying by already! With the new year, many of us are seeking change. Change of the economy, change in the world and how we treat each other, there are so many facets with change, just know you will soon be on the road to “Success” once you set yourself into action.
Yes action is involved. You have to dream, for sure yet along with that dream, if you want it to become reality, you need to plan then take action.
One thing this year we all should do, is a little “house cleaning”. We are not talking about your home either. We are talking about the house in your “head”! Sometimes our minds start collecting garbage, hoarding it in little corners of our minds. Once in a while that garbage leaks out and sabotages our thoughts. So we have to counter-act that by substituting new thought patterns of what we want and get rid of that garbage!
For example, you may be walking around thinking to yourself, “Why am I always broke?” or “Why does such and such always happen to me”? Well, the Universe in all of its Glory answers you by showing you more ways of being broke or whatever it was that you keep saying to yourself! Seriously, think about that for a while, it makes sense.
So what we need to do is to create new thought patterns. Here are a few examples of new statements you could say to yourself:
- Why is my life so amazing, it exceeds all of my expectations?
- What is the million dollar idea I can manifest into my life today?
- How cant the Universe give me more help than I ever thought possible?
- What kind of person can I become that will amaze the world?
Wow, those are some amazing new thoughts. Now, when you start repeating these statements the Universe will start to show you those things! Isn’t that exciting? It should be! Here is a fun little test, right now, think of a “pink elephant”. O.K. you saw a pink elephant, right? Well, just imagine when you start to think these statements and other positive thoughts, well, that is what your mind will start to think about or image. Hey, do it! You have nothing to loose and so much to gain! Now, you can start talking about “change”. Because you have cleared your mind and you are ready for a better you.
Everybody wants better health, better finances, better relationships and better eating! Yes that is right and this moment is the best time to start to eat better. There are so many diets out there, tons of “fads”, a plethora of concoctions to choose from. After studying trends, reading nutrition articles and keeping in shape myself, being a “Fit” chef, here are some “SPA-tacular” tips to shape you up and to keep you in shape!
- Cut your portions of your meals by 50%. This means instead of an 8 oz. portion of fish, chicken, meat, cut it down to a 4 ounce portion. Don’t cut your veggie portions, but keep an eye on the carbs.
- Cut out some carbs. Complex carbs are necessary if you are exercising a lot. For example there are a lot of good pastas out there. Check them out!
- While you are here, cut out sugars, too. Start with sodas. Sodas contain a ton of sugar, literally! Drink lots of water. Another good alternative are home-brewed teas with a little honey! Watch out for the store bought teas, they are loaded with sugars. Sports drinks contain a TON of sugars, also, so keep away from those! If you want a better sports nutrition boost, do a shot of pickle juice! It is the newest sensation without all of the sugars and junk they put into those drinks.
- Cut your portions in half and eat twice as often. It is easier for your body to digest smaller portions, plus if you do some form of exercise between those meals it will help you burn off more calories, too!
- Exercise at least 3 times per week, doing 30 minutes of continuous activity. Keep more fruits and nuts around for snacks for that in-between meals boost.
- Use herbs, spices and lots of garlic to flavor foods instead of fats and salt. Cayenne pepper is also great to use. Cayenne pepper speeds up your metabolism, so it burns off calories just by ingesting it! If using salt, use Kosher salt which is about 50% less sodium than regular salt. Butter is actually a good fat along with olive oil. Use a combination of both to sauté or fry.
- Last but not least, Harvard did a study years ago and discovered that the average family eats the same “top 10” meals regularly. So start changing 1 item per week to something less in fats, carbs. For example if you eat pizza once per week, don’t eliminate pizza. Change to a thin crust with less “meat” toppings, less cheese or maybe no cheese. Gradually you will change your menu to a healthier menu. Don’t totally eliminate foods you like, just alter the ingredients a little!
O.K. that is all for today. There is no sense in “overwhelming” you. Face it, you will never change anything if it seems to “scary” or intimidating. Relax, enjoy life! Enjoy food! Just not the same foods or at least not all the time! There is an old saying…”Eat well, stay fit and die anyways”! That may be true in some ways but on the flip side, you might live a little longer! You have the choice.
You also have the choice to be happier and kinder to others and to yourself. You know what time it is! That’s right, go right now and look into a mirror. Now give yourself a big hug and say, “HEY, you are one fantastic human being, I LOVE YOU”!
Now go for a long walk and when doing so, totally get into the walk! Don’t think about all your challenges, just get into the moment. Look at all the “Life” that is going on all around you, remember there is “Never” nothing happening, there is always something going on, that is life! As always, create the best life of your life, right now! Peace
As with any journey, you have to take the first step. Once you do, you are already half way there!