On March 17, Walt Disney World Resort announced the schedule and a venue change for the 34th annual Night of Joy. The contemporary Christian music festival, which takes place over two evening this fall, will expand and relocate to EPSN Wide World of Sports Complex this year, the move bringing with it several changes.
The 2016 lineup for Disney’s Night of Joy includes 15 popular performers and groups working in contemporary Christian music, many of whom have received Grammy, American Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards or GMA Dove Awards. Grammy Award Winner Francesca Battistelli is one of several performers who will return the festival, a list that also includes MercyMe, Casting Crowns and for King & Country.
A complete schedule for Disney’s Night of Joy 2016 will showcase the different musical style used in contemporary Christmas music. The evening features performances in pop, rock, folk and gospel. (Note: This schedule is tentative and subject to change.)
- Friday, Sept. 9: MercyMe, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, Francesca Battistelli, Crowder, Matthew West, Stars Go Dim, Zealand Worship
- Saturday, Sept. 10: Newsboys, for King & Country, Young & Free, Switchfoot, Red, Thousand Foot Krutch, Tim Timmons
Disney’s Night of Joy relocates from Magic Kingdom, where the performances were part of an after-hours park event, to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, also part of the Walt Disney World Resort. Performances at the complex will be offered at one of three indoor and outdoor stages with seating, including Champion Stadium.
Disney’s Night of Joy tickets will go on sale in mid-April. With the change in venue comes a change in ticket options, including those will include theme-park admission:
- A single-night ticket for Friday’s concerts will cost $39 plus tax (in advance); $45 the day of the show (if available).
- A ticket that includes a day at one of the four Walt Disney World Resort theme parks and the concerts for Saturday night will cost $99 plus tax (in advance); $114 plus tax the day of the show (if available).
- A 2-Day ticket that includes both nights’ concerts and a day at one of the four Walt Disney World Resort theme parks will cost $119 plus tax (in advance).
As an added incentive to purchase tickets well in advance of the event, Disney guests who buy the Night of Joy 2-Day ticket option before Aug.9, will receive one (1) admission to the water park of their choice: Disney’s Blizzard Beach or Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon. Admission is valid Sept. 6 – Sept. 12.
Note: Group discounts also are available.
Walt Disney World guests can buy tickets, when they become available, at NightofJoy.com or by calling 407-W-DISNEY (939-7679).