This year is quickly coming to an end and 2016 is about to begin. Many folks make New Year resolutions while others make a bucket list. Either way, the beginning of a new year is a great opportunity to set goals and dreams in motion.
Whether your goal is to become more “cultured’, have more fun, relax more or do something different I have you covered. I have composed a list of some venues that offer a vast selection of entertainment programming.
Messina Hof Winery & Resort has several locations around Texas. They provide an array of events throughout the year. Here is a list of some of the events already schedule for 2016.
- Monthly Events:
- Wine 101 – Every 2nd Monday
- Wine 201 – Every 4th Monday
- Wine/Chocolate night – Every 1st & 3rd Wednesday
- Wine/Cheese pairing – Every 2nd & 4th Wednesday
- Special events:
- New Year’s Eve at the Disco – Thursday, December 31
- Valentine’s Day Dinner & Dance – Sunday, February 14
- Murder at the Deadwood Saloon (Murder Mystery Dinner) – Saturday, March 5
- For VIP Members there is even a trip to Italy available in June.
To register for any of these events, call (817) 442-8463 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This urban winery is located in the Historic Grapevine District.
Messina Hof Grapevine
201 South Main Street
Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra offers concerts, festivals and more throughout the year. They will end this year with New Year’s Eve event and hit the ground running with an event on January 2. After this, they have a full schedule of all types of music genres.
- A Night Out with the Boys – Thursday, December 31
- Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions – Saturday, January 2
- Beethoven’s Eroica – January 8 – 10
- Kholodenko & Friends – Friday, January 15
- Peter and the Wolf – Sunday, January 17
- A Night at the Oscars – January 22 – 24
- Viva Italia! – January 29 – 30
These performances are just for the month of January. Check out their entire season online. If you are a student, please check out their student ticket pricing. The concerts are held in a variety of venues, please check performance location when purchasing tickets.
The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth is another great place to look for entertainment options. They offer film screenings, concerts, outdoor movie nights and so much more. They are also a great place to shop for that unique gift for someone special. A visit to the gift shop is definitely something a must. In addition to free admission every Sunday they offer the following programs.
- Elvis: That’s the Way It Is – Thursday, January 7
- This is a special screening in commemoration of Elvis Presley’s birthday. It is a documentary presented in partnership with Lone Star Film Society. This documentary is a special screening of his 1970 concert. Tickets can be purchased online.
- Modern Interpretations – January 26
- This is a special program for people with hearing impairments. Take part in a tour of the museum with a specially-trained docent and student using American Sign Language. This program is offered on a monthly basis.
- A Study in Contrasts – Wednesday, January 30
- This concert is in partnership with the Chamber Music Society of Fort Worth. The Choral Music Society of Fort Worth will also perform in February and March. Tickets can be purchased online.
- Magnolia at the Modern is a program offering critically acclaimed films every weekend. Sunday noon showing is always half price. Click here for a list of upcoming films.
These are just a few of the programs offered at the Modern. They also offer memberships to the Modern which will provide you with discounts for programs and invites to “members only” events.
Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
3200 Darnell Avenue
Fort Worth, TX
So I hope this short list of venues gets your list started for some new adventures in 2016. Make sure you subscribe to my homepage to receive the latest information on upcoming events. You can also contact me via email anytime for more information.