By any objective standard, Ted Cruz is more qualified to be President than Marco Rubio. At a time when many Republicans are saying it may be time for the Republican Party to unite behind one candidate to stop Donald Trump, this is an important discussion. Many Republicans believe Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio are the only two options to stop Trump because Ben Carson and John Kasich do not have enough support or organization to continue successfully.
Comparing the two candidates:
- Cruz has an exemplary career in and out of government in which he consistently fought for conservative causes. He was selected to argue cases in front of the US Supreme Court, and he won most of those cases. Rubio has very little professional life experience other than as a legislator in Florida and the United States Senate. Cruz has been a staunch conservative cause defender across multiple capacities for almost twenty years.
- Cruz married a professional woman who is his intellectual equal, an accomplished educated professional, who could easily stand on her own. Rubio married a Miami Dolphins cheerleader.
- Both men are smart but Cruz is just plain brilliant. Cruz has superlative debating skills, as he has evidenced in every debate this season. Rubio talks rapidly and often repeats the same sound bites. That failing was exposed by Governor Chris Christie in a recent New Hampshire debate.
- Both men have been good on issues, but Cruz is better, according to Conservative Union. Rubio co-sponsored the infamous amnesty legislation called the Gang of 8. Rubio has a history of supporting crony capitalist subsidies. Cruz famously resisted the corrupt ethanol lobby in Iowa and won. Cruz has tirelessly opposed every unconstitutional provision in DC. Marco Rubio has few, if any accomplishments in the United States Senate.
- Cruz is ironclad on illegal immigration. Last night he said he would allow the ICE to do their job. He would expect them to enforce the law. That means he would require them to deport any person that is illegally domiciled in the United States and also deport any person that has overstayed a work or student visa. This is a position that is supported by a vast majority of the American people.
- Cruz has described his foreign policy approach as “militaristic pessimism”. Rubio adopts the classic neoconservative position.
- Rubio is gaining support from the Chamber of Commerce Republicans, which suggests he will do what they demand. The National Chamber of Commerce has committed to defeat conservatives in key elections.
- A content analysis of the national media leads one to the unavoidable conclusion that the industry opposes Cruz, which means conservatives that mistrust mainstream media might take that as a sign they should support Cruz. FOX news is essentially promoting Marco Rubio because they apparently do not like Ted Cruz.
- Ted Cruz has announced that he supports returning federal lands to the people in the American west.
- Cruz has a phenomenal campaign apparatus that has helped him over-perform the polls in all three states so far. He is polling well in upcoming states and has the ground operation to do well in most of them.
If the two men join forces to stop Trump, Cruz should be number 1 and Rubio number 2. An objective comparison of their records reveals that Ted Cruz is the far better candidate.