A robust pan of lasagna is just what the tastebud doctor ordered, The delicious dish ranks as a favorite tasty treat for the winter blahs. On busy days a homemade pan of lasagna may be an impossible feat. But fear not – The reliable crockpot saves the day, and the dinner. Crockpot lasagna to the rescue! On busy days the hearty aroma of ooey gooey cheeses, robust tomato-meat sauce, and tender delicious noodles, greet you at the door after a long day. Breathe, relax, unwind with crockpot lasagna. An easy, hearty, and delicious dinner.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cans Italian tomato sauce
- Medium onion, chopped
- 2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Container Ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 lasagna noodles
- Cook ground beef and onion in 10 – inch skillet over medium heat, 6 -9 minutes,stirring occasionally, until meat is no longer pink. Stir in tomato sauce and Basil.
- Mix 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ricotta,and Parmesan cheese. Refrigerate remaining mozzarella while lasagna cooks.
- Spoon one-fourth of beef mixture into the crockpot. Top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half of cheese mixture and half of meat mixture. Top with 5 noodles and remaining of cheese mixture, and one-fourth of meat. Top with remaining noodles and remaining beef mixture.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4 to 6 hours until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup of cheese. Let stand about 10 minutes. Cut into pieces.