If you’d like to alleviate some of the hectic holiday shuffle, consider Christmas Eve or Christmas Day at the Heathman.
Today the Heathman Hotel and Restaurant, one of Portland’s original gustatory treasures, announced their annual Christmas Eve Dinner and Christmas Day Buffet. Both promise to be delectable…and perhaps a godsend to harried holiday Moms.
Heathman Executive Chef Michael Stanton and his team have put together an enticing menu, including foie gras, lobster, goose and lamb that should please even the most finicky of gourmands.
Since the Christmas Eve Prix Fixe Buffet Dinner at the Heathman, from 5:00 to 10:00pm, is a mere $59 per person and $19 for children under twelve, that’s one of the best bargains in town. (And at that price you can run rampant through the superb wine list for some liquid lagniappe to enhance your holiday feast. After all, the Heathman list is a legendary wonderland of wine with 6,600 bottles, 175 selections and 25 by-the-glass selections, so you’re likely to find the perfect companion for your meal.)
What do you get for your Christmas Eve at the Heathman?
· Lobster bisque
· Foie gras torchon
· Caesar salad
· Asian pear salad
· Christmas goose
· Grilled Prime Rib
· Handmade pappardelle with black trumpet mushrooms, chevre and Oregon truffles
· Maine lobster
· Anderson Valley Ranch lamb
· Fisherman’s stew
· Apple galette
· Bûche de Noël
· Pistachio bread pudding
· Blood orange chocolate parfait
But wait: that’s not all. The Heathman is also offering a Christmas Day Grand Holiday Buffet from Noon to 9:00pm at the same price!
If you would prefer to expend your caloric intake points then instead of Christmas Eve, this is the place. Here are the tempting offerings for the historic day of indulgement:
· Roasted butternut squash farro and baby arugula salad
· Hearts of Romaine Caesar salad
· Shaved pear with spinach, goat cheese and fig vinaigrette
· Tortellini pasta salad
· Roasted beet and fennel salad
· Charcuterie and dry meat platter
· Seasonal fruit display
Grand Seafood Display
Oysters, chilled prawns, whole smoked salmon, seared Albacore tuna, smoked trout, salmon pâté
· Roasted pit ham with a dijon mustard honey glaze
· Double R Ranch roast sirloin of beef au jus
· Anderson Ranch leg of lamb
· Roasted pork loin with spinach puree
· Steelhead salmon with leek fondue
· Chicken coq au vin with foraged mushrooms, caramelized pearl onions
· Apple pear crisp
· Pecan tart
· Pear frangipane tart
· Apple pie
· Pumpkin pie
· Pumpkin cheesecake
And, again, that quite moderate price of $59 leaves room for wine list searches.
For reservations at either the Christmas Eve Dinner or Christmas Day Grand Holiday Buffet, call 503-790-7752.