Double nominee for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama and Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture and star of “The Danish Girl” and “Ex Machina,” Alicia Vikander, hit the red carpet in a white Louis Vuitton gown with a modern makeup look created by makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury. When asked about the look, Tilbury said, “I wanted to create a dreamy but modern look that highlighted Alicia’s naturally beautiful features. The metallic shades on her eyes complement the dewy, fresh skin in the look.”
Below, Tilbury shares the key steps she took to create Alicia’s red carpet look:
1. Charlotte prepped Alicia’s skin by applying her notorious Magic Cream to the entire face followed by Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow to create a flawless soft focus finish and an instant “spotlight” effect, which acted as the perfect base to the Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation in 8 Dark and 9 Dark.
2. Charlotte used her Mini Miracle Eye Wand in Shade 2 and Shade 3 underneath the eyes to add luminosity, and applied Charlotte Tilbury The Retoucher Concealer in 3 Medium where needed to mask any imperfections. Charlotte gave Alicia a dusting of Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder in 2 Medium to create a red carpet-ready complexion.
3. Next, Charlotte used Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift in Cara D to perfect Alicia’s already gorgeous brows and frame her mesmerizing eyes.
4. To create a dreamy eye look, Charlotte applied a mixture of her cream eye shadow, Eyes to Mesmerise, in Bette and Marie Antoinette across the lids and underneath the eye. She then took Marie Antoinette to illuminate the inner corners of Alicia’s eyes. Charlotte Tilbury Rock ‘N’ Kohl in Bedroom Black was applied three quarters of the way along the upper lash line, and Charlotte topped off the eye look with three coats of Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes to the top and bottom lashes.
5. To add unbeatable highlight and subtle contour, Charlotte used a combination of her Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light-Medium and Dreamy Glow Highlighter. Filmstar Bronze & Glow was used with the Powder & Sculpt Brush to highlight and sculpt Alicia’s cheek, nose, jawline and temples. To add red carpet-worthy glow, Charlotte added Dreamy Glow Highlighter to the tops of her cheekbones and down the nose.
6. Charlotte used Charlotte Tilbury Beach Stick in Las Salinas across Alicia’s cheekbones for a pretty pink, healthy, youthful glow.
7. Alicia’s look was completed with a matte lip, created by first lining the lips with Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pink Venus, and topping them off with a mixture of Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Sexy Sienna and Walk of Shame.
8. Once Alicia was in her Louis Vuitton gown, Charlotte applied Charlotte Tilbury Supermodel Body on all exposed limbs in order to sculpt and illuminate the skin.
Charlotte Tilbury – Magic Cream
Charlotte Tilbury – Wonderglow Instant Soft-focus Beauty Flash
Charlotte Tilbury – Light Wonder Youth-Boosting Perfect Skin Foundation, 8 Dark and 9 Dark
Charlotte Tilbury – Mini Miracle Eye Wand, Shade 2 and Shade 3
Charlotte Tilbury – The Retoucher Conceal & Treat Stick, 3 Medium
Charlotte Tilbury – Airbrush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder, Medium 2
Charlotte Tilbury – Filmstar Bronze & Glow Face Sculpt & Highlight
Charlotte Tilbury – Norman Parkinson Dreamy Glow Highlighter
Charlotte Tilbury – Rock ‘N’ Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil, Bedroom Black
Charlotte Tilbury – Eyes to Mesmerise Cream Eyeshadow, Bette and Marie Antoinette
Charlotte Tilbury – Full Fat Lashes, Glossy Black
Charlotte Tilbury – Brow Lift, Cara D
Charlotte Tilbury – Beach Stick Lip To Cheek Dewy Colour Pop, Las Salinas
Charlotte Tilbury – Lip Cheat Lip Liner, Pink Venus
Charlotte Tilbury – Matte Revolution Lipstick, Sexy Sienna and Walk of Shame
Charlotte Tilbury – Supermodel Body
In New York City find the Charlotte Tilbury Collection at Bergdorf Goodman 754 5th Ave, New York, NY 10019.