The Carnival Magic is heading into dry dock for a multi-million make-over that will upgrade facilities and add more enchanting innovations. The redo is happening to coincide with her Space Coast debut this spring. The behemoth 130,000-gross ton vessel will emerge with new dining and bar offerings such as Guy’s Burger Joint, RedFrog Rum Bar, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, Pizzeria del Capitano and the Alchemy Bar. She is currently doing cruises from Galveston, Texas until repositioning to Port Canaveral, Fla., in April 2016 to begin year-round Caribbean departures from that port. “Carnival Magic is already a groundbreaking ship – it was the first to feature our popular Cucina del Capitano Italian restaurant, the Caribbean-themed RedFrog Pub and SportSquare outdoor recreation facility – and with these new features we’re making this spectacular floating resort even better,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “Following this extensive refurbishment, Carnival Magic will offer even more exciting on-board choices for travel agents to market to their clients,” she added.
After her 14-day re-imagination , which takes place Feb. 21 to March 6, 2016, the Magic will emerge with the following additions:
· Guy’s Burger Joint: a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries in an atmosphere that celebrates the chef’s California roots and love of car culture
· RedFrog Rum Bar: a poolside bar offering the quintessential Caribbean vacation vibe with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red
· BlueIguana Tequila Bar: a fun and festive outdoor watering hole offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers, perfect for chillin’ by the pool
· Pizzeria del Capitano: an expansion of the line’s Cucina del Capitano family-style Italian eatery offering five varieties of hand-tossed artisanal-style pizza, all available free of charge 24 hours a day
· Alchemy Bar: a vintage-themed cocktail “pharmacy” that’s the go-to spot for guests seeking a unique experience with mixologists who “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients or guests’ own custom-created cocktails
The Magic already sports lots of bells and whistles such as the SportSquare outdoor recreation area which sports a suspended ropes course offering views to the sea 150 feet below; a 22,750-square-foot Cloud 9 Spa with a thalassotherapy pool, thermal suite and 17 private treatment rooms; the RedFrog Pub where passengers hoist frosty brews while soaking up the bar’s Key West meets British West Indies vibe; a massive WaterWorks aqua park highlighted by a 312-foot-long Twister slide; the Punchliner Comedy Club presented by George Lopez offering both family-friendly and adult performances; and a Serenity adults-only retreat. She also offers lots of family-friendly options such as contemporary fun spots for kids in three age groups: Camp Ocean (ages 2-11), Circle “C” (12-14) and Club O2 (15-17), along with Seuss at Sea, part of the line’s exclusive partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises.
When she hits the Space Coast Carnival Magic will offer two distinctly different week-long itineraries– a western Caribbean route featuring Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan) and Costa Maya; and an eastern Caribbean option calling at St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk and Nassau or Amber Cove.
For additional information and reservations for Carnival Cruise Line, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or go on the website. You can also hookup with the line on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube or Instagram.