Like any old lady of the sea, the Carnival Inspiration, which was launched in 1996, was beginning to show her age and in need of some nips and tucks here and there. So the world’s largest cruise line has decided to spend multi-million dollars on a facelift of the 2,052-passenger ship. Carnival Inspiration is the sixth in a series of Fantasy-class ship that were launched in 1990 beginning with Fantasy and followed by Elation, Imagination, Paradise and the “balcony ships” Fascination, Sensation and Ecstasy.
The Inspiration will have her surgery performed during a three-week dry dock in Portland, Ore., Jan. 18 to Feb. 5, 2016. When she finished she will l resume a year-round schedule of three- and four-day Baja cruises from Long Beach, Calif. And feature the following amenities and services:
- Guy’s Burger Joint, a complimentary poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries enjoyed amidst a décor that celebrates the chef’s California roots and love of car culture
- BlueIguana Cantina, another free al fresco dining option serving Mexican food such as authentic, freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar
- RedFrog Rum Bar, yet another poolside venue this one a dedicatedwatering hole offering the quintessential Caribbean vacation vibe with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own private label draught brew, ThirstyFrog Red
- Alchemy Bar, a vintage-themed “cocktail pharmacy”-themed lounge with mixologists who “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients with creative monikers like Forty is the New Twenty and The Restorative Basil Drop
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar, a fun and festive outdoor bar offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers, perfect for chillin’ by the pool
- Cherry On Top, the “sweetest spot on board” which celebrates the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun fanciful gifts and novelties, custom apparel and more
The Inspiration will also sport a massive WaterWorks aqua park with a thrilling a 300-foot-long Twister slide and a kiddie splash zone, a 24-hour pizzeria, full casino gambling, a luxurious 12,000-square-foot Spa Carnival health and wellness center, and the Serenity adults-only retreat.
Carnival Inspiration sets sail from Long Beach on Fridays on three-day cruises to Ensenada and on Mondays on four-day cruises to Ensenada and Catalina Island. For additional information and reservations, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit click here.