Tomorrow evening, as we say goodbye to 2015 and welcome 2016, friends and families will get together all over the world to usher in the new year. From Times Square to intimate parties for 2, Champagne will be popped, cocktails will be drank and toasts for the happy memories to come will be had by all. To ring in 2016, here are some luscious libations (all topped with bubbly) that are delicious to serve to guests and easy enough to make that no one will miss the big ball drop! Be safe and Happy New Year! Cheers!
Bestie Wishes by Chandon
- Chandon Blanc de Noirs
- ½ oz Blackberry Syrup (Cordial)
- ½ oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- Dash of Crème De Peche
- Shake ingredients over ice and strain into a flute and top with 3oz Chandon Blanc de Noirs.
Be Festive (under 175 calories) – by mixologist Lynnette Marrero
- 1 1⁄2oz Bombay Sapphire Gin
- 3/4 oz Fresh lime juice
- 3/4 Be Mixed Cucumber Lime
- 1 Large strawberry, sliced
- 5 Mint leaves
- 3 oz MARTINI Prosecco
- Muddle all ingredients well (except the Prosecco) in a shaker. Shake and strain into a coupe or flute. Add prosecco. Garnish with a slice of strawberry
Island Mimosa, a Blue Chair Bay original cocktail
- 1.5 oz. Blue Chair Bay® Banana Rum
- 2 oz. sparkling wine
- 1 strawberry, chopped
- 1 lemon wedge
- Muddle strawberry and lemon in a mixing glass. Add Blue Chair Bay Banana Rum and ice and shake well. Strain into champagne flute. Top with sparkling wine. Garnish with a strawberry slice.
New Year’s Kiss by Martin Miller’s Gin
- 1 lemon
- 1.5 ounces Martin Miller’s Gin
- .75 ounces fresh lemon juice
- .5 ounces simple syrup
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 ounces dry rose champagne, such as Champagne Taittinger Prestige Rose
- Rose petals
- Use paring knife to slice the peel from the lemon, thinly, along the circumference of the lemon. In cocktail shaker, combine Martin Miller’s Gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Add ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain into chilled Champagne flute and top with rose champagne. Add rose petals for garnish. Garnish drink with twist and serve immediately.
Russian Roulette by Stoli Vodka
- 1 oz elit by Stoli Elit
- 0.5 oz fresh lemon juice
- 0.5 oz simple syrup
- 2.0 oz Rosé Champagne
- Shake the elit, juice, and simple syrup in a shaker with ice. Top with the rosé champagne and then strain into a champagne flute. Garnish with a lemon twist or a red rose petal.
4-3-2-1 by Bolla Prosecco
- 4 oz. Chilled Bolla Prosecco
- 3 Drops Bitters
- 2 Sugar Cubes
- 1 oz. Cognac
- Pour bitters onto sugar cube and let soak in, place sugar cube in a Champagne flute. Add Cognac, and top with Bolla Prosecco.
Brugal Air Mail by Brugal Rum
- 2 oz. Brugal Extra Dry rum
- ¾ oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¾ oz. Honey Syrup (50 Honey: 50 water)
- 2 oz. Champagne or Sparkling Wine
- Shake all ingredients with ice, except Champagne, strain into a chilled flute and top with Champagne.
Lavender 75 by Reyka Vodka
- 1.5 parts Reyka Vodka
- 1 part fresh lemon juice
- .75 part lavender syrup
- Top dry champagne
- Combine ingredients (except champagne)in a shaker. Strain and pour into a flute, top with champagne. Garnish with a lemon twist.