If you are planning to visit a Bob Evans restaurant, you might discover that over the weekend, 21 Bob Evans restaurants have closed. In an April 25 press release, Bob Evans Farms announced that 21 restaurants already closed on Saturday and Sunday and that more closings are planned nationwide.
The list of already closed Bob Evans restaurants includes locations which were owned by the company. Six more restaurants, which are leased locations, are scheduled to close in 2017.
”Performance at each of these locations…was not meeting expectations,” stated Chief Executive Officer Saed Mohseni in the press release.
In its United States Securities and Exchange Commission Form 8-K report, Bob Evans Farms describes that the 27 underperforming restaurants generated only about $30 million during the last 12 months. The company estimates that the sale of the 21 owned restaurants will bring in about $20 million, and that together with additional expense savings, the closures will result in a profit of at least $1 million.
The Bob Evans restaurant closings are affecting about 1,100 full-time and part-time employees. The company is offering positions for those employees in other nearby Bob Evans restaurants or offer termination benefits.
Here is the list of the already closed Bob Evans restaurants naming the state, city, address, and zip code:
1. FL Kissimmee 4967 W Irlo Bronson Memorial 34746
2. FL West Melbourne 895 Palm Bay Road 32904
3. IN Greenwood 91 Byrd Way 46143
4. IN Indianapolis 6330 W 71St Street 46278
5. IN New Castle 111 B S. Memorial Drive 47362
6. KY Richmond 2011 Colby Taylor Drive 40475
7. KY Owensboro 3123 Kentucky Highway 54 42303
8. MD Gambrills 2402 Brandermill Blvd. 21054
9. MI Flint 1700 South Center Road 48503
10. MI Saginaw 8466 Gratiot Road 48609
11. MO Joplin 3607 Range Line Road 64804
12. MO Cape Girardeau 156 Vantage Drive 63701
13. MO Lee’s Summit 1680 NW Chipman Road 64081
14. MO Florissant 2180 N US Highway 67 63033
15. MO Belton 1211 E. North Avenue 64012
16. OH Riverside 1929 Harshman Road 45424
17. OH Toledo 3025 Glendale Avenue 43614
18. PA Exton 303 North Pottstown Pike 19341
19. PA Pittsburgh 6541 Steubenville Pike 15205
20. TN Memphis 8445 Highway 64 38133
21. VA Winchester 816 Millwood Avenue 22601
The six-leased restaurants that are scheduled to close in 2017 have not been disclosed so far by the company. Bob Evans Farms owns and operates a total of 548 family restaurants in 18 states, primarily in the Midwest, mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions of the United States.