If you can’t afford to take her on a cruise or a trip to the South of France, treat your Mom to a day in glitzy, bling bling Beverly Hills for Mother’s Day. Restaurants, retailers and spas are pulling out all the stops to pamper ladies on their day. Here are just five ideas to consider, choose one or combine a couple to create some magical moments for mom:
- The Rooftop Grill at Montage Beverly Hills—not only are the food and service tops, but the view will mesmerize her. It’s open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. so you can take her to breakfast, lunch or brunch. Location: 225 North Canon Drive | (310) 860-7990)
- Belvedere at The Peninsula Beverly Hills—this is fine dining for discerning palates and the upscale clientele who frequent this posh place. The chefs have created a three-course brunch with free-flowing Nicolas Feuillatte Champagne that will be served starting at 11 a.m. until 8 p.m. that costs $135 per person with the fine bubbly, too. Kids under 12 cost $65 each. Location: 9882 South Santa Monica Boulevard | (310) 975-2736)
- Ocean Prime—if Mom likes a good steak, she’ll love this place. On Mother’s Day it’s offering a la carte brunch or dinner of dishes such Crab & Eggs, Blackened Salmon Salad, Blueberry French Toast, Braised Short Rib. But go for the beef.
Parental pampering possibilities
- Spa Montage Beverly Hills featuring L.RAPHAEL—blow her away with pampering-plus at this little rootop oasis offering top quality services such as L.RAPHAEL Beauty Diamond, a machine assisted facial that can help improve the skin appearance by reducing fine lines, wrinkles and early signs of sun damage. Her skin will become noticeably smoother and velvety soft. The 6-minute treatment costs a whopping $690 but isn’t she worth it.. Location: 225 North Canon Drive | (310)860-7840
- Aqua Star BABOR Beauty Spa at The Beverly Hilton treat Mom to a 50-minute Relaxation Swedish Massage followed by a Skin Performance Facial that will leave mom’s skin glowing. She will be served champagne and home-made truffles created by Executive Pastry Chef Thomas Henzi in the spa’s quaint relaxation lounge. Mom will also receive a special beauty box gift to take home. It costs $200 and comes with four hours of free parking and access to the pool, and fitness center. Offer is valid from May 1 – 31, 2016. Locaqtion: 9876 Wilshire Boulevard | (310) 887-6048 |
Of course the above are only a few suggestions. You might also want to take her shopping on famous Rodeo Drive. If the shops are too pricey for her budget she’ll still have fun window shopping and browsing in all the chic boutiques. Tiffany’s is right on Wilshire Blvd. in case she wants something from a little blue box.