One of the Hollywood’s favorite hideaways, Bernardus Lodge & Spa, a peaceful, little 57-room retreat hidden 28 acres of fragrant lavender and vineyard-covered land, has reveal its reimagined spa facility. Always welcoming and staffed with some of Carmel Valley’s best therapists who can turned Rambo into mush with a massage or rejuvenate your skin with a miracle-making facial, the spa now exudes an even more celestial atmosphere. There is a musing mix of patterns and texture with contemporary custom Belgian linen sofas and rich Italian leather chairs offsetting the key focal point, a 360-degree copper fire feature flanked by two arresting copper beaded chandeliers and expressionist oil paintings by local artist Patricia Qualls.
The sexy, stylish setting reflects the Lodge’s ethos of redefining luxury and revitalizing the senses with two pools and a new hot tub and a curated wellness component with a garden-to-soul philosophy rich in rewards. Ideal for a lover’s leap or corporate retreat, the program offers a road to wellness through moonlit yoga sessions, hypnotherapy, guided meditation, sunrise stretch classes, a reinvigorated tennis program, curated endurance hikes and programming centered on longevity.
The spa now sports nine state-of-the art treatment rooms, a salon, dual eucalyptus steam and dry sauna rooms, a Vichy shower, private al fresco couple’s soaking tub with bar service, an inviting 100-degree warming pool and a fitness center.
From the new in-suite Dream Bath Butler to the Lavender Bliss body indulgence — culled from the property’s organic gardens, each step of the spa experience is infused with the purest botanical ingredients delivered by top-flight practitioners. Utilizing the award-winning Eminence Organic Skin Care line, the spa’s new services include:
- Energy & Balance Ritual – a vigorous exfoliation using warm ginger grass and bamboo followed by a cherry blossom buff, yuzu mimosa sea algae cleanse and shiatsu inspired silk massage.
- Japanese Balancing Massage – incorporating a vitalizing mix of shiatsu inspired techniques used to open energy pathways with a kinmoxei wild lime silk oil to energize, warm and restore the body to perfect balance.
- Sticks and Stones Massage – combining smooth Birchwood sticks and warm basalt stones in flowing massage movements to induce relaxation and tension release.
- Rejuvenation Wrap – a total body resurfacing treatment focusing on the removal of dry and dead skin cells followed by a Vitamin D infused body cocktail wrap to rehydrate and ultra-charge the surface.
- Cashmere Well-Being Massage – the ultimate quench massage featuring seasonal fig-mandarin aroma blend combined with expert massage techniques to ensure the ultimate top flight experience.
- Cranberry Hydration Facial – ideal for winter warriors, featuring an analysis, deep cleansing, exfoliation and farm-fresh cranberry hydration mask to soothe the signs of aging and leave the skin feeling nourished and hydrated.
- Winter Antioxidant Ritual – a total body revitalization treatment utilizing all natural ingredients such as green apple and pear, combined with cinnamon and a super antioxidant biocomplex to detoxify the body, leaving skin with a refreshed glow.
Bernardus Prestige Facial – A new spin on the 2 ½-hour signature treatment boasting the ultimate in skincare, utilizing the finest ingredients and latest technology. Service includes a deep cleaning, generating peel, lymphatic massage, firming mask, microcurrent therapy, toning serums and rejuvenating eye treatment.
Pampering rises to new heights with the re-envisioned Carmel Valley Escape, a five-hour ritual inspired by Bernardus’ abundant on-site gardens. From a Lavender Bliss scrub to a full body Bernardus Essential Massage, Radiance Facial and signature Spa Manicure and Pedicure, no stone is left unturned in the quest for ultimate renewal. Other unique services include the Tuning Fork Ritual, Garden Meditation and Private Hypnotherapy as well as services for the well-groomed man.
Glorious Carmel Valley mornings at the Lodge start with new complimentary Sunrise Stretch Yoga at the pool pavilion or with a more vigorous alfresco Spin Program that use aluminum Schwinn AC Sport Bikes’ new Virtual Contact Resistance Technology. Weekend warriors can hop on a bike for complimentary guided hikes to nearby Garland Ranch Regional Park. There’s also new tennis butler services at the resort’s dual courts or a leisurely game of croquet or bocce ball on the main lawn.
This is definitely a place to consider when you need to recharge your batteries, tryst again like you did last summer, or just escape the hustle and bustle of reality.