Twitter is one of the most effective social media platforms for a variety of industries when it comes to lead generation—in fact, a whopping 82% of all social media leads come from Twitter. With the plethora of marketing automation tools available to marketers, it can be easy to develop a Twitter strategy and let it run on autopilot. However, with Twitter’s fast-paced nature, the “set it and forget it” method just might be be holding your company back from success. If you are not seeing the results that you want from your Twitter campaigns, it may be time to rethink your strategy.
If you’re looking to become a Twitter power user and boost your company’s social presence, we’ve rounded up some must-know tips:
1. Develop a Twitter content strategy.
The most successful content strategies are planned with personality of its publishing platform in mind, so your brand needs to create a unique Twitter-specific strategy and integrate it into your editorial calendar. Here are just a few ideas for creating Twitter content that adds value:
- Avoid posting content that is purely promotional. Your followers want to read content that helps them better understand something or provides a solution to their biggest problems, so offer them tips and advice.
- Tweet without links. Not every tweet needs to contain a link. In fact, research shows that tweets without links often get more engagement. Work to develop posts that are still valuable sans links.
- Share premium content previews. Don’t just point readers to premium content pieces you’ve created and hope they’ll click. Instead, use quotes from the material or ask engaging questions that will better help readers understand its value.
2. Set aside time to participate on Twitter.
Twitter offers the best results for your business when you are active on the platform. Set aside time each day to directly engage with followers and influencers. This is especially important during live industry events as you can use trending hashtags to connect with interested parties.
Participating in a tweet chat is another great way to engage with your followers and potential leads and maximize your Twitter presence. To join in on a tweet chat, all you need to do is log into the platform during the designated time and participate in conversation using the established hashtags. After you have gotten the hang of things, you can host your own tweet chat on a relevant and engaging topic.
3. Analyze popular tweets to see what went right.
Twitter’s Analytics tab offers you valuable insights into which of your tweets have performed best and just how your audience interacts with your Twitter content. Use this information to analyze your most popular tweets and see what is working. Make note of the types of elements you’ve included in successful tweet, such as links, photos, content assets, and hashtags. Then use this information to create future Twitter content.
Don’t be afraid to do the same for influencer content. Take a look at the most popular tweets from influencers in your industry to see which elements they include in their most viral Twitter content.