All of us dream about having our own car. It sounds great because a car has the ability to deliver joy, comfort and convenience to us. However, purchasing a car comes along with some additional responsibilities as well. In fact, all car owners will have to take necessary measures in order to take good care of their car and stay away from hassle on the road. Here is a list of some basic auto repair and maintenance tips that you can keep in mind.
1. Adhere to the car servicing schedules – Your car is in need of regular servicing and you should not delay it under any circumstance. In other words, you need to follow the servicing schedule that is offered to you by the manufacturer. Skipping such servicing schedules has the ability to aggravate the issues that prevail in your car.
2. Battery assessment – You need to have a look at your car battery at least once in a month. It is better to keep an eye on all the warning signs such as dangling wires and corrosions. If there are any loose electrical connections, you will need to fix them as soon as possible. If you see any signs of corrosion, you will have to take the car to a mechanic in your local area.
3. Change of fluids – It is extremely important to change the car fluids on a regular basis. They include engine oil, brake fluids, transmission fluids etc. In fact, there is a specific schedule to follow when changing these transmission fluids. You can simply use a dip stick in order to check the fluid levels. You should also pay attention towards the color of fluids.
4. Wipers – Harsh weather conditions have the potential to create a tremendous impact on your wipers. In fact, the wiper blades would wear out as a result of excessive heat. Therefore, it is recommended to replace the wipers at least once a year. If you’re driving under harsh weather conditions, it is better to change them bi-annually.
5. Tire rotation – Tires can simply be defined as the foundation of your car. They play a major role by balancing the car and helping it with its movements. Therefore, the tires are subjected to wear and tear along with time. You need to inspect the car tires on a regular basis and keep an eye on all the warning signs. You can also think about the air pressure of tires at least once a month.
6. Exterior cleanliness – Last but not least, you will need to pay attention towards the exterior cleanliness of your car. That’s because dirt and dust can react with oxygen and create adverse effects on the exterior of your car. You will need to wash the car at least once a week.
These simple car maintenance tips will give you the opportunity to protect your investment and stay away from frustration on the road. Therefore, every car owner should think about following these tips.