April 28th is National Superhero Day. In honor of the event, SKOUT, a global platform for meeting new people, did a survey with its users about superheros. The survey found most people want to be a superhero in real life and that 3 out of 4 people say helping others in need is what makes a superhero, well, super.
SKOUT conducted its survey online between March 20-24, 2016, among 4,171 of its U.S. users. The survey discovered that three out of four people think helping others in need is what makes a superhero. Here are a few more stats:
- Nearly 80% of those surveyed claimed they would like to be a superhero in real life.
- Women said Batman was their favorite superhero. Men said Superman.
- Batman and Robin were the best superhero BFFs according to the report.
- More than half of people surveyed (53%) said Batman and Robin are their favorite superhero friends.
- 19% said The Thing and Human Torch are their fave friend duo, 16% prefer Green Hornet and Kato.
- 12% said the Wonder Twins make the best superhero squad.
- When asked which superpower they wish they had, 1 out of 3 people surveyed said immortality. 29% said the ability to fly, 22% said superhuman strength and 17% said superspeed.
- The Batmobile is the best superhero ride. Wonder Woman’s Invisible Plane came in second.
What does it take to be a superhero? 44% of people surveyed said selflessness, 37% said no fear, 11% said technology and 8% said money. 57% of people surveyed said a mask is the most important superhero accessory, 19% said a cape, 14% said a ring, and 10% said a cool belt. Nearly 80% of those surveyed said they wanted to be a superhero in real life.
Bellevue Area Meetup: While SKOUT helps app users grow their social circle online, Bellevue residents can have fun doing it face to face through Bellevue Area Meetup. Upcoming May events include a free trip to Cheekwood, a visit to the Tennessee Renaissance Festival, monthly hikes, and Trivia every Thursday night. Find the group at Meetup.com and on Facebook. You might not find a superhero, but you might make a new friend.
Also from this writer: Skin, Health & Beauty Examiner * National Skin Care Examiner * Rodan + Fields Examiner * Bellevue Area Examiner on Facebook * Bellevue Area Meetup on Facebook * Skin, Health & Beauty on Facebook * www.SkinHealthBeauty.com
Copyright Notice: Thank you for reading and thank you for sharing the link to this article with others. This article and/or photos are not available to repost or publish on websites, blogs, Facebook, etc. If you would like to continue receiving local articles, please click the free Subscribe icon. If you have any questions about skin care, this article or about writing for Examiner, email me at email@example.com.