Pirasta is a NYC-based creative brand that specializes in offering exciting products for children. Pirasta is known for their series of “Really Big Coloring Posters” and “Coloring Sheets,” each an original artwork illustrated by a different award-winning artist. All of their products are made in the USA and ethically printed with vegetable ink on recycled content paper. With Pirasta, fun and education come together through interaction and participation. Pirasta provides kids and adults with endless hours of creativity and activity. Shut off the TV, get creative and go crazy with color!
Pirasta hold the distinction of being “American Made Martha Stewart Craft Finalist 2015” and their “Let’s Color America” Really Big Coloring Poster won “Best of Market” award for Best New Product at the NY Now Show. In the past couple of months they have received great response from press with features in “Vanity Fair”, “Wired”, “Parents” and “Kiwi” magazines.
Coloring is fun for whole families to do together since it’s a great way to unwind, unplug and create one big colorful world! The entire Pirasta line–which is Made in the USA and printed with vegetable ink on recycled content paper–encourages children and adults to think creatively, learn and foster a love of art. Created by award-winning illustrators, these unique coloring posters and sheets provide hours of endless fun with a result that is worthy of being framed and hung on the wall. “When I was young, my parents would tape a large sheet of paper to the wall and let my sister and I draw and color for hours,” said Pirasta founder Mira Trezza. “One day, I found my son coloring on the walls of our New York City apartment and it sparked an idea to recreate that same concept with a more sophisticated overlay that would appeal to children and adults.”
To date, Pirasta has partnered with some of the most acclaimed illustrators in the country to create engaging and complex illustrations that will provide hours of activity and coloring fun, which is a great way to embrace creativity and collaboration in a world filled with electronics and isolation. Pirasta’s “Really Big Coloring Posters” are the ultimate project or party activity for anyone who likes to color. Hang it on the wall, spread it on the floor, and invite everyone to join in. It’s a great reason to shut off the TV, get creative and go crazy with color. These giant posters are 63” wide x 36” tall and retail for $32. Pirasta’s Coloring Collection is available online and at specialty stores nationwide. The line includes the following themes:
• What a Colorful World, Illustrated by Allison Kerek–Go on a globe-trotting adventure by bringing color to this tour-de-force illustration that charts every continent. In joyful detail, this map celebrates the cultural diversity that can be found across the earth. From traditional dress and historical landmarks to iconic foods and natural wonders, this poster is out-of-this-world!
• Let’s Color America, Illustrated by Allison Kerek–Take a tour of the USA with an appealing map depicting the 50 states with all their splendor and diversity. Illustrated with fun and quirky charm, you can color America while charting its great historical landmarks, its glorious monuments of nature, and the specific foods and people that make every corner of the country so unique.
• The Big Apple, Illustrated by James Gulliver Hancock–If you can color it here, you can color it anywhere. New York City is depicted in all its glory, from the iconic to the majestic to the quirky. Can you identify the landmarks, neighborhoods and people who make this town great?
• Funny Farm, Illustrated by Greg Kletsel–This is like no petting zoo you’ve ever seen! In a sprawling design that celebrates the absurd, you’ll find donkeys wearing top hats and kicks, pigs munching on pizza, dogs playing cards and cows skateboarding. Hours of fun for creatures great and small.
• Food Fight, Illustrated by Kris Mukai–Calling all foodies! Put aside table manners and join the most epic food fight ever. Get messy in this gorgeously illustrated scene. Find fruits, vegetables and oodles of edibles. Bring them to life for a fabulous feast of color.
* * * * *
To learn more, visit the official Pirasta website.