Any loving mother is definitely concerned about the quality of what goes into the bodies of their families, what they bathe in and even play in. As a mother is a natural instinct to be protective of your kids and wanting to give them clean water is definitely one of the times when these instincts kicks in. Dirty or impure water can have a lot of devastating effects on personal health as well as the home. Even though it looks clear and pure, water can still carry a lot of toxins and harmful substances. Getting a whole house filtration system for your home is the best way to tackle the water challenge.
Water filtration technology or whole house water filtration system uses various filter media arranged in layers in a purification tank. The different layers in the purification tank are designed to remove specific types of contaminants that are often found in water. The thickness of the layers of filter media is designed to allow for maximum required content with the water in order to remove the contaminants. Some of the filter media used include: activated coconut shell carbon that removes chlorine and chlorinated solvents, filter-ag for removal of suspended materials and garnet which removed large solids. Besides the peace of mind knowing that you family has access to safe water, some of the benefits of a filtration system include:
• Longer lasting appliances: water appliances such as laundry machines and dishwashers are greatly affected by the kind of water that goes through the system. Water containing a lot of impurities such as suspended materials and solids can clog up the appliance causing it to break down. Excessive mineral deposits can also affect the efficiency of the appliance. The filtration system can get rid of these to ensure that your appliance get access to clean water too.
• Protect your plumbing: water contaminants can also build up inside the pipes in your plumbing. This build up constricts water flow which can cause more problems that require unnecessary expenses in maintenance and repairs.
• Keep your sinks and bath tubs looking as good as new: those nasty stains and rings around your bathtub or sink drain are often due to the contaminants in the water. Purifying all the water used in the home from a central point ensures that all the water supplied to different parts of the house is clean for use.
• Health benefits: purifying your water makes is safe for consumption. Un purified water may contain bacteria and other contaminants that are harmful to human health. Once they enter the body, they can cause all kinds of diseases and medical conditions. You can protect your family by removing the risk of contamination using a water filter.
• Protect your skin: water contaminants can affect your body from the outside as much as they can on the inside. Showering with contaminated water can expose you to harmful chemicals. Showering with un purified water allows your body to absorb six times the contaminants you would end up with if you drank eight glasses of water.