It’s spring time and people are looking forward to going out and about to capture the marvel of nature’s beauty and spend time building healthy relationships. If you’re visiting and living in the Washington DC metropolitan during this time of year, one of the most picturesque photo shoots you can take in the district is the cherry blossoms. The Cherry blossom season is one of the most anticipated times of the year in DC and millions of people flock to the district at peak bloom to enjoy flowers and capture their beauty using smartphones to take photos, videos and selfies. In fact the cherry blossom outing makes for a perfect date or friendship/ family outing because it’s so peaceful and beautiful. There are so many activities relationships of all sorts can do during the cherry blossoms festival.
Today, it is estimated that more than 80 percent of people use a smartphone instead of a standard camera to take memorable pictures and capture fun moments with close relationships. Are you one of those people? This cherry blossom season popular DC bloggers took a challenge to test out camera quality of a great selection of smartphones with high quality cameras from AT&T. If you have never used smartphones to take high quality photos, you may want to consider it for not only spring and summer, but year-round. It’s a fun way to use smartphones while enhancing your photography skills, affordable and the Examiner is here to teach you how to use high quality smartphone cameras to your advantage. Below are some picture taking tips from AT&T you can use to create some of the most beautiful pictures and store those photos right on your smartphone to share with all the relationships you cherish. Note: you do not have to use a selfie stick to take the best cherry blossom pictures possible or any other photos you may want to snap.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged and has enough space to store your beautiful new photos. You can do this with a portable charger or charge beforehand. Be sure to clean your lens and play around with your camera options like the flash, focus and zoom to prepare for your photography adventurers.
- Plan a time to see the cherry blossoms. This is very important not only for lighting but also to avoid the crowds. Remember, the Tidal Basin is not the only location you can travel to for cherry blossom photography. You can consider areas like the National Arboretum or Hains Point.
- Be mindful on how you will frame your picture. You can compose incredible shots by being attentive to picture framing and getting creative with different angles. Yes, it’s okay to use a selfie stick to pull this off and you can use different backgrounds and filters to get the look you want.
- Use mobile apps that will allow you to modify lighting and filters of your cherry blossom pictures. This is the best way to format pictures to your liking and make it appeal to friends, family and other relationships and inspire them to share your pictures on social media or through text messages. This is also the best way to enjoy the beauty of your awesome pictures of this year’s cherry blossoms because high quality photos allow people to enjoy the beauty of nature even after all the petals of the cherry blossoms have fallen. Here are some DC Cherry Blossom Festival Bloggers who offer excellent smartphone photography tips:
- @comme_coco is a Haitian born, mid-west raised, photo snapping, fashion loving, football watching and fierce woman who frolics between Baltimore or Washington DC. She has a interesting blog on CommeCoco.com which covers lifestyle and photography. When she went to check out the Cherry Blossom this year, the diehard iPhone girl decided to capture the beauty of the annual festival by using the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge camera. She loves the large screen of the Samsung camera and truly believes the resolution is better than her current iPhone ( an iPhone 5s) but she would be happy if anyone volunteers to upgrade her with the quickness of a newer model. You can check her mesmerizing photos via her blog to learn about the phone’s full camera capabilities.
- The blogger you can follow @7thdistrict on Instagram took some fabulous spring has sprung photos when she went to see the cherry blossoms. She captured the moment on the Samsung Galaxynote5.
- And 18 year old dancer, AnnabelClaire, who has a love for all things girly and chic. Her blog covers makeup, good bargains and utmost creativity. She took photos with the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge and gave a great break down of the pros and cons of this smartphone. Check out her six easy spring outfits guide today to pick out the perfect attire for your photography sessions.
To see how you can use high quality smartphones for your warm weather photography shoots and relationship building, take a look at the photo gallery of these fabulous bloggers. Let the Examiner know about your happy picture taking by leaving a comment below. You can also let us know mobile phones you recommend for best photography and enjoy your adventurers. If you have a tip the Examiner should know about, use the contact page on the column.