There are so many added responsibilities that being a working woman comes with. In addition to being productive at work, we have to ensure that we take care of our families, have a social life and maintain our health. The biggest obstacle to getting this done is always time. With a little bit of planning and focus it is one that we are able to overcome, however. Fitness is not just about being physically healthy, but being in the same place mentally as well. The following 7 tips will help you maintain your overall fitness without requiring an excessive amount of time.
1. Eat properly: Whenever we are busy, we tend to skip meals especially breakfast. This is the most important meal of the day, however, and should never be skipped even if it is just to grab something on the go. Eating breakfast boosts our metabolism and sets the pace for the entire day. It is also important to eat enough to fuel both your body and your mind, so that they function as well as they possibly can.
2. Develop an exercise routine: Even though sometimes it might not be possible to follow a routine because of something unexpected arising, having one makes you more likely to put in the extra effort that might be necessary to get it done.
3. Jump Rope: One of the fastest ways to burn some extra calories, skipping is a method that is employed by top athletes…think boxing, and can be done anywhere and at any time. Skipping for just 10 mins burns 100 calories, and also provides a cardio workout.
4. Swimming: This is one of the best full body exercises and improves both the physique and health when done regularly in a swimming pool with an enclosure. it is also very relaxing and is a good way to either wind down at the end of a long day, or start the day off feeling calm.
5. Stay active during the day: Simple things such as taking the steps instead of the lift will burn extra calories and these can really add up. Keeping active during the day also helps to minimise a slump after lunch.
6. Meditate: Meditation teaches us how to quiet the mind and even a few minutes a day can increase our ability to focus and concentrate. This helps us deal with stressful situations better, and keep calm under pressure.
7. Get enough sleep: When we are sleeping our body has the chance to heal, and our mind has the chance to rest. Getting enough sleep prepares us for the next day and helps us to stay more alert
The more motivated we are in maintaining our fitness; the more productive we will be at work as well as in other areas of our life. As these tips show, fitness isn’t about an intensive workout at the gym every day, but about taking small steps to ensure that you maintain your health in every way possible.