There are number of things that you need to think of while planning a corporate event or any other get-together. Starting from making the guest list to making other required arrangements to booking the venue, there are lots that you can do. When it comes to event planning, even the professionals make mistakes which leads to costly consequences in the long run. Among all the to-dos, choosing the event venue is one of the most important steps that you need to take. But how would choose the best event venue according to your programme? There are ways in which you can choose the best venue for your occasion but before that you need to look at the mistakes that you should avoid while choosing the venue. Here is a list of some of the costly mistakes which you need to avoid while choosing an event venue.
1. Neglecting the requirements of the event: Before you set out for hunting for the best venue, you should jot down each and every thing that is needed in order to make the occasion successful. The list should include the total number of guests, the type of activities, the type of food and also the entertainment requirements. When you have all these written down, this helps you organizing the event in a better manner.
2. Booking a venue which is too small: This is yet another mistake which is committed by most people. When you organize an event, irrespective of its type, you should have a crystal clear idea of the number of guests you’ll be inviting before you sign on the dotted line of the venue agreement. Would you want your guests to feel uncomfortable? On the other hand, it shouldn’t be spaced out so much so that the dinner servers find it difficult to reach out to people.
3. Not visiting the venue before finalizing: It is true that every single event venue will tell you big things about their services and you will also find the best things mentioned in their website. But if you make the mistake of finalizing the place based on what you read on the websites or hear from their representatives, you’ll be in a soup. Hence, it is always necessary for you to visit the place and check out their services on your own.
4. Not getting written estimates of the costs: Before you sign the agreement, ensure you’re given a written estimate of each and everything that you will be paying. Would you want to book a venue and then be surprised later on after seeing the hidden charges of chairs and tables? Make sure there are just no hidden charges in the fine print. Read the fine print carefully.
5. Skimping on catering: Remember that it is the food quality which can either make or break an event. If the venue which you’ve chosen can supply food, be sure to taste their sample food before taking the ultimate decision.
Therefore, if you’re about to choose a venue for an event, avoid committing the above mentioned costly mistakes which can drain off your wallet in the long run.