Dylan Clark and Nick Oswald blasted perfect games at AMF Bradenton and Samantha Rocca-Linder reached perfection at AMF Gulf Gate, and those performances highlight this weekend’s byteclay.com report of top individual scores from bowling leagues in the Sarasota-Manatee-Charlotte county area.
Clark, who headlined last weekend’s report with his second perfect game of the season in the TNT Custom Painting League, strung 12 straight strikes in the Jeffcoat Blueprinting League. He opened with a sub-par 159 game before completing a 737 series with games of 278 and 300, upping his average to 214.
“I used five different balls in the first game before changing to another ball for all the strikes,” Clark said. “In the second game, I had the front nine, then left the 2-4 and struck for the 279 prior to the 300.”
Bowling in the Friday Night Mixed League, Oswald opened with games of 184 and 194 before his 300 capped a 678 series that increased his average to 201.
Rocca-Linder strung nine in a row to start Game 2 before finishing with a 278 game in the My Salon Suite League, but she went all the way in Game 3 to complete a 793 series, leaving her with a hefty 222 average.
Three bowlers — Daniel Gassera, Doug Kirk and John Campbell — fell one pin shy of perfection, each settling for scores of 299. Gassera, who now carries a 216 average in the Friday Mixed League at Bowland Port Charlotte, ended with a 705 series on scores of 299, 197 and 209. And Kirk, rolling in the Friday Mixed League at Englewood Bowl, suffered a final-ball 10-pin and posted his 299 in the middle of a 694 series.
Competing in the Thursday Earlybirds League at Treasure Lanes, Campbell. averaging 213, rolled games of 193, 190 and 299 for a 682 series, while Don Leslie also had an 11-in-a-row effort, opening a 685 series with a 107-over-average 290 game in the same league.
Paula Wenzel added to her impressive high-score collection with a 716 series in the Friday Mixed League at AMF Bradenton, where she now carries a 216 average. The big set came on scores of 213, 255 and 248.
Brian Anderson and Kevin Johnston both posted far-over-average series in the C&L Awards Mixed League at Sarasota Lanes. Anderson had a 161-over 728 on games of 218, 267 and 243, while Johnston rolled a 152-over 722 on games of 259, 207 and 256. And in the Jeffcoat Blueprinting Invitational at AMF Bradenton, Jason Hastreiter fired a 277 game to jump-start a 151-over 743 series.
In other high-score reports from each of the seven area bowling centers:
- TREASURE LANES: Daniel Michala 289-706, Mike Janosik 279-791, Mike Aleshire 279-760 and 710, Jerry Weese 279-721 and 267-759, Tim Keenan 278, D.J. June 277-721, David Jodoin 268-757 and 709, Doug Kirk 268-757, Kevin Pellicciotti 267, Gary Toma 266-755, David Drab 265, Ryan Williams 265, Mark Gagnon 709, Ed Burlison 704, David Oswald 700; Amy Updike 245-684, Hazel Nickols 244, Nancy Wroe 234-628, Sue Bogardus 228-617, Ruby Cressman 226, Ashley Schwartz 610.
- BOWLAND PORT CHARLOTTE: Greg Lindsay 280-724, Randy Planck 279, Wes Flowers 278, James Creutz 277-735, Mike Niehaus 277, Mike Murany 269, Joe Vuolo 268, Daniel Gassera 741, Tom Lindenberger 704, Paul Giles 702; Angelique Marchant 279-675, Michelle Gaudette 264-643, Roseana Gassera 248-658 and 233-630, Amy Updike 235-666, Ann Faraldo 233, Lisa Molitor 227-642, Jackie Wortinger 605.
- AMF BRADENTON LANES: John Thompson 287-726, Ian Gray 284, Ed Bergles 280-732, Shaun Hackman 279-732, Gil Garcia 279 and 706, Don Neff 279, Charles Wade 277, Ron Axberg 268-781, Adam Whited 268-746, Harold Thorpe 268, Ronnie Hayes 268, Wayne Slusser 267, Jacob Sargent 266-706, Al Esaw Jr. 266, Dylan Clark 266, Clifford Borges 266, Philip Larsen 265; Kai Leff 252, Rochelle Banks 232.
- AMF GULF GATE LANES: Jim Theakos 289-752, Frank Coppola 270; Jennifer Peacock 258-691, Cindy Grich 254-670, Phyllis Brown 237, Beth Owen-Cipielewski 615, Terri Thomas 614.
- AMF VENICE LANES: Keith Heinz 278-726, Daniel Kruse II 269, Mike Zink 267; Susan Olsen 247, Heatherly Faulkner 234, Harlene Magruder 233.
- SARASOTA LANES: Craig Randall 288-733, John Favara 267; Sue Garland 232-601.
- ENGLEWOOD BOWL: Sid Palmer 269, Mason Ward 268.
[You may subscribe to Bill Herald’s byteclay.com bowling columns — free of charge — by clicking on “Subscribe To Author” near the bottom of this article, after which you will receive e-mail notification each time a new item is published.]