Hair and makeup duo, Lauren+Vanessa are known for working with everyone from celebs to NYC’s fashionistas. Their downtown beauty haven offers customers hair color, cuts, extensions, makeup application and even classes.
In 2016 they want every girl to feel beautiful and are providing a a few great tips on what’s trending this year.
Lauren+Vanessa 2016 Trend Report
- Delicate, subtle highlights. This look is natural and polished. Think of the color you had as a child, mimicking what mother nature did when you were young. These colors will leave your friends wondering if your natural or not. It is especially beautiful on blonde hair. *Think: Gwyneth Paltrow, Charlize Theron and Sienna Miller.
- Ecaille hair color will not be going anywhere. Blended and elegant with lots of movement, this color is easy to maintain and grows out beautifully. The key is never seeing where it begins and ends. The colors are warm with golden blonde, chestnut, and chocolate tones.*Think: Sofia Vergara, Ana Beatriz Barros and Daria Werbowy.
- The textured bob, as seen on Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Roberts. This sophisticated and sexy haircut never goes out of style.
- Not ready to take the plunge? Try a faux bob by tucking your hair into your scarf or collar. Want to make a bold statement with your textured bob? Add some bangs. They will showcase your eyes.
- The Shag with swag. Natural, lived-in, “I woke up like this” texture. The secret: Having your stylist cut your hair dry. Dry cutting creates the most movement and texture for your hair. *Suki Waterhouse’s hairstyle is a great example.
- As seen on the runway and red carpet: Red lips, subtle eyes. This is a look you just cannot go wrong with. Your red lip can be anywhere from a subtle red/coral to a striking deep crimson. *Use a nude eyeshadow palette and wake up your eyes with a volumizing mascara. Try Lauren+Vanessa lipstick in Red Carpet.
- The trailblazing entrepreneur. Start with a sleek blow dry and deep side part, tucking one side behind your ear or pulling it back into a tight chignon. This will show off your fierce cheekbones. Pair with a nude lip for day and a cool mauve with gloss for night. This look is chic and powerful. *Think Rosie Huntington-Whitely or Jenna Lyons.
To set up an appointment with Lauren+Vanessa call 646-673-4483 or visit www.laurenandvanessa.com.