The 23rd annual Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will take place from March 2-May 30. On Feb. 3, Disney announced the artist lineup for the Garden Rocks Concert Series, including four new musical acts.
This year, Garden Rocks Concerts will again offer live music at the American Gardens Theatre on festival weekends. A total of thirteen acts will perform, up from 11 in 2015. The increase reflects the festival’s expansion to 90 days, up from 75. The four new acts to debut at the 2016 festival are Blood, Sweat & Tears; Brian Howe, the former lead singer of Bad Company; Darlene Love and Georgia Satellites.
The Garden Rocks Concert Series kicks off March 4-6 with performances by The Orchestra, starring former members of ELO. The final weekend of Garden Rocks performances will take place over Memorial Day Weekend. The Spinners will close the festival with performances between May 27-30, an extended weekend schedule that includes Monday.
The concert lineup provides a range of rock and pop music from musical acts that emerged in popularity in various decades from the 1960s – a nod to the festival’s former theming as the Flower Power series – through the 1980s. In addition to The Orchestra, several musical acts are returning to this year’s festival, including the Village People, Starship starring Mickey Thomas, the Little River Band, the Hermits starring Peter Noone, The Guess Who and the Gin Blossoms.
Garden Rocks performances take place America Gardens Theatre at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. every Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Concerts are included with Epcot admission, with the announced schedule following.
- March 4-6: The Orchestra starring former members of ELO (“Evil Woman”)
- March 11-13: Starship starring Mickey Thomas (“We Built This City”)
- March 18-20: Little River Band (“Lady”)
- March 25-27: Village People (“Y.M.C.A.”)
- April 1-3: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone (“I’m Henry the VIII, I Am”)
- April 8-10: The Guess Who (“These Eyes”)
- April 15-17: NEW! Blood, Sweat & Tears featuring Bo Bice (“Spinning Wheel”)
- April 22-24: NEW! Brian Howe, former lead singer of Bad Company (“Can’t Get Enough”)
- April 29-May 1: NEW! Georgia Satellites (“Keep Your Hands to Yourself”)
- May 6-8: Gin Blossoms (“Hey Jealousy”)
- May 13-15: NEW! Darlene Love (“Wait ‘Til My Bobby Gets Home”)
- May 20-22: New to this festival! Night Ranger (“Sister Christian”)
- May 27-30 (includes Monday performances): The Spinners (“Working My Way Back to You”)
Note: Schedules and entertainment are subject to change. Representative songs are provided for artist recognition only and may not be performed.
For more information, visit Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival or call 407/W-DISNEY (934-7639). The festival, including all gardening programs and exhibits, is included in regular Epcot admission.