Do you ever noticed that some students are always active, focused, organized and in good mood? They are definitely have some secrets, let’s consider the majority of them.
High Protein Snacks
It’s the most important. Protein helps to keep you feeling full throughout the day. By eating lots of high protein snacks, you will not feel hungry during the day. Which results in better concentration, because you won’t be focusing on your empty stomach, and instead you will be focusing on your notes and content for the class. Include at least some of them into your daily ration:
- Green Tea is a favorite beverage for multiple reasons. However, most people choose to drink the light earthy because of it being high in caffeine and its boost to your metabolism. Caffeine is a chemical that can help wake several parts of the brain faster so that you can have a better time focusing in class. Also, the boost to your metabolism will help you focus better because it will help control your hunger.
- Nuts packed high with fiber and protein. It’s no wonder these little delights are so famous for on the go snacking. Nuts are filled with vital nutrients that have excellent benefits towards your overall health. Protein is great for helping you focus, as it keeps you feeling full for longer periods of time. Vitamin E has been proven to have a significant effect on your overall brain health. The walnut is one of the best nuts to eat for overall brain health, as it has been proven to help with memory, problem-solving and other aspects of one’s mentality
- Salmon. High in omega-3’s, which can help to lower high cholesterol as well as reduce heart disease risk. This lovely fish is also very high in proteins and B vitamins which help with focus by giving you lots of energy, by helping convert all the food you eat into pure energy
- Yogurt. It’s like ice cream for those who want to be healthier. Yogurt is great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as a simple high protein snack. It comes in a myriad of flavors, all of which are rich in magnesium, which helps your body release energy.
- Eggs. High in protein and great on the go, eggs are nature’s little marvel. Eggs are high in protein which assists you in focus in the morning, or anytime after you have eaten one, and you will not have to worry about being distracted by hunger. Oh and those who claim the yolks have no health benefits, did you know the yolks are very rich in choline. Choline is equivalent to the b-vitamins as it gives you energy and improves your cognitive functions.
- Oatmeal. Only costs a few cents per serving, high in fiber, and extremely nutritious? Many people would think I was making this up, but that’s just only some of the incredible facts about oatmeal. Like most whole grains oatmeal is very beneficial to your mind as it gives you long lasting energy, keeps you feeling full to help keep you from being distracted, and it has been proven that eating oatmeal for breakfast can improve your memory throughout the day.
- Brown rice. High in dietary fiber which helps you keep full. Brown rice is also rich in a mineral known as manganese, which helps produce and release energy from the protein and carbohydrates you eat. Eating brown rice will help you maintain high energy levels throughout the day. A great thing about this lovely dish is that it can be served in so many ways.
- Dark Chocolate. Dark chocolate, a favorite bittersweet treat, is one of the best foods to eat to help you focus. It contains caffeine, which has been proven to improve your alertness. It also contains magnesium, which is great for de-stressing. Dark chocolate also helps you release endorphins and serotonin, which are known as feel-good chemicals. However you shouldn’t over do it, and only eat a small dosage every day.
- Beans. High in protein, fiber, and they go great with about anything. Beans are one of a perfect brain food because nearly everybody can enjoy them. Burritos, salad, dips. Beans help keep you full and focused with a powerful punch of both fiber and protein, which helps you stay full for longer periods of time.
- Sweet potatoes. Sweet delicious and healthy, it truly sounds like another miracle food. Sweet potatoes are a favorite in the family, kids like them because obviously they are sweet, parents like them because they are rich in complex carbohydrates, beta-carotene, and vitamin C.
- Pumpkin seeds. Although most people choose to eat them during the months of October and November, when it seems that pumpkin-based dishes are at their most popular. Pumpkin seeds are packed with a multitude of vitamins, healthy fats, and minerals. One of the vitamins found in these little marvels, zinc, help improve your brain function and increases your capacity to remember.
- Cheese. Sometimes we lose our focus because we are simply hungry, and cheese is a great cure-all for hunger. High in protein, easy to carry around, and tastes best at room temperature. Cheese is great to have around for an easy, help you focus more snack.
- Honey. Honey is referred to as “Nature’s energy drink” for a reason. Being low on the glycemic index, honey releases energy at a set rate so that instead of having a sugar rush, you are enjoying a steady flow of energy which helps you stay awake and focused for longer periods of time.
Organization is key to all success. By having your spaces organized you can spend less time digging for that belt, or pencil, and more time studying your notes and working on assignments.
Coloring Books for Adults
It has been scientifically proven that coloring has many benefits. Some of these benefits are, improved brain functions, it can help you reduce any amounts of stress and anxiety, helps you learn how to focus, and even improves motor skills and vision.
Tablets for Taking Notes
With going digital becoming much more popular many teachers are making note sheets in digital format. While you can easily store them to read off of later on a laptop, unless you have one with a touch screen or can convert into a tablet. If you want a piece of tech that can help you to add your notes to those sheets, then you should get a tablet that has note taking capabilities.
Note Taking Applications
While most tablets are equipped with a practical note taking application, sometimes it doesn’t suit your needs. This may result in you needing to purchase an application, assuming one isn’t available for free, like Evernote, Fetchnotes, Springpad. By using any of these note taking applications, you can quickly make your tablet able to take notes.
Puzzle Books/ Brainteasers
It has been proven that puzzles and brain teasers improve your ability to think quickly, which is a skill all college students need. These puzzles boost your brain functions and helps you to improve your concentration, enhances your brain activity as well as your memory, and ability to think quickly. It’s also a fun way to pass the time.
Practically everything today has become digitalized, as it now frowned upon to consistently waste paper that leads to depleting the forests. Having a Kindle on hand is great, as it gives you access to all forms of text within your fingertips. By having this information on hand with such easy access, you can gain knowledge and information quickly, which will result in you learning at a much higher speed.
Noise Canceling Headphones
With the constant bustle and background noise of the average college campus and dormitory, it’s hard to focus on your studies. Noise canceling headphones allow the user to sit in their silence to study. This results in better focus and eases with gathering information. Or the student can plug the headphones into their iPod and listen to instrumental music, which has been proven to help improve one’s focus during lecture and study periods.
Organization is key to anyone’s success, by keeping yourself organized you will guarantee that you will succeed in taking in the correct information. However, this organization can go even further. In most college classes the teacher just gives the assignments, as well as the dates that they are due at the beginning of the semester. At this point, it is considered the student’s responsibility to remember each due date. However, it can be quite easy to forget, or lose track of these assignments. Now some teachers may permit an occasional grace period, however, you don’t want to risk the possibility that they won’t. You can just use a bulletin or white board, to help yourself keep track of each of these assignments. This way you can ensure that each assignment gets done in a timely matter and that you won’t have to worry about losing points for turning any pieces of work in late.
Hydrating Energy Drinks
Caffeine helps improve your focus. However, it’s easy to become hooked. Remember that just because it is liquid that doesn’t mean that it is automatically hydrating. Take the time to read the labels, and make sure you get a drink that energizes you as well as gives you the hydration your body needs. This way you can focus on your studies without worrying about a possible trip to the hospital due to becoming dehydrated.
High-Quality Sheet Sets
Sometimes your best days start from the night before. A good night’s rest helps promote your mind’s ability to function by giving it the chance to rest. Sleeping also helps to improve other aspects of your mind such as your ability to remember information. However for many people, your sleep truly depends on the type of sheets or blankets you sleep in. Try to buy a high stitch count sheet set, and see if it improves your nightly rest.
Help yourself keep track of what needs to be done today, and ensure that you make time to study for each subject. Purchase a student style tracker or planner, and write down everything that needs to be done on each day, as well as plan accordingly. By doing this, you can ensure you make the time to study a little bit for each subject, as well as when you need to take breaks. Student planners are also great for planning events, and even what you may want to do on your days off from studying.