There are 10 days left until Christmas – are you tired of hearing the same Christmas Music every where you go? We think it is time to get out and listen to one of the great local bands playing. Never know you might be able to pick up a CD or a T- shirt from your favorite one to finish up that last minute shopping.
Without support the local music scene is suffering, please take the time out to go see a local band play. The local musicians put on a great show no matter what is happening around them. The local musicians and the bands will put on the same show if there are 10 people in the audience or 20,000 people. They are the true entertainers in the industry.
The local venues need the support also, without them opening their doors to the musicians there would be no $5.00 cover charges for 10 bands playing, great food and drink prices, most of all there would be no place to go see these talented musicians play. Take the chance on seeing a great show, having some great food and drinks and meeting a musician that someday will be performing in front of thousands of people.
“The GERG SHOW” every week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 – 9PM EDT/EST (-5 GMT) 4 – 6PM PDT/PST, Indie Scene Radio station owner, program director and Host DJ, Gerg Anidem, hosts his LIVE show introducing new independent music artists from around the globe every week! The station streams at 320K for THE BEST audio stream on the internet 24/7/365! Turn it up!
Tuesday December 15, 2015
- PPRN Presents Peter Golik, Parker Porter, Robert C. Fullerton & Jason Gerrish – Peter Pinho welcomes back four of the most popular and delightful guests to grace PPRN Radio this past year: NPC bodybuilding star and 2015 Vi-Model Competition winner Peter Golik (seen flexing in the event page photo), Bellator MMA heavyweight Parker Porter, singer/songwriter Robert C. Fullerton, and PPRN’s favorite country music performer Jason Gerrish.
Also on tonight’s show: a call-in visit from Bob Whitaker, 2016 presidential candidate on the American Freedom Party.
Plus, resident funnyman Peter Angelo serves up the laughs while Phil Hall promises not to offend anyone. It’s all happening live – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – on PPRNLiveRadio.com!
Dudley Farm String Band, Jacob Green, The Lone Gnome at Cafe Nine -250 State St, New Haven, Connecticut 06510 – Get tickets: $5 cover
Wednesday December 16, 2015
- PPRN Presents Not Here + The Fabulous Kevin Dolan – Peter Pinho welcomes back Not Here to PPRN. We asked Not Here to describe themselves and they said: “Straight outta Da Brass City – Crunch & Munch Rock – 5 different songwriters is why this band never sounds the same – Not Here melts jam- punk- reggae – ska- psychedelic – shoe gazing – alternative and straight ahead Rock into a big bowl and let it rise to the top. The band is currently on their Security is Tight Tour but will take a heavy breather to talk Peter and the gang. Also the Human Tripod, Director of Dada TV will be on hand.”
And our special comedy guest tonight is one of the greatest comic minds on the stand-up scene and on social media: Kevin Dolan.
Plus, DJ Maxx mixes merry beats, Joe Reddington pours his dry wit and Phil Hall is…well, yeah. It’s all live – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – on PPRNLiveRadio.com
Thursday December 17, 2015
- Gasoline Therapy, James Mauri Four, Bedroom Rehab Corporation at Cafe Nine – 250 State St, New Haven, Connecticut 06510 – Get tickets: Cover $5
Friday December 18, 2015
- Dr. Dirty John Valby – The Chance, 6 Crannell St., Poughkeepsie, NY, US 7:30 pm – Price: $ 15.00 – $ 20.00 Age Limit: 18+
- Last show of 2015! – 8 pm – Cherry Street Station 491 N Cherry St Ext, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492 – This will be Octobrists last show of the year. The event will be at Cherry St. Station in Wallingford, CT on Friday, December 18th. It will showcase some amazing bands such as Brighter Than a Thousand Suns and Vision Within. The show is only $5 and is 21 and Over. Doors open at 8 pm and show starts at 9 pm.
- Jimy Sohns and Bobby Messano – 7 pm – Lyran Society 1115 4th Ave, Rockford, Illinois 61104 –
- Knucklehead Debut at Kaptain Jimmy’s Restaurant & Distillery 916 Suffield St, Agawam, Massachusetts 01001 – It is their first time at Kaptain Jimmy’s – come enjoy the awesome food, beer, and people, and some OK music; Calling all of their Agawam fans to pack this place – see you all there!!
- Our Fears returns to Olive’s 118 Main St, Nyack, New York 10960 – 10 pm – Our Fears make their return to Olive’s with a bunch of their friends to rock the place to the ground! It’s going to be a night of new and exciting music for everyone who makes it out! Be sure not to miss it!
Lunatic Fringe (Lunatic Fringe Band)
Impossible Colors (Impossible Colors)
Saturday December 19, 2015
- Holiday Benefit show with Hyngd, One Day Waiting, Miseries, Everwear, Stealing Deadwood, & Backdrop to a Horror Movie – The Skyline 59 North St, Middletown, Orange County, New York 10940 – 6 pm to 11 pm – ALL AGES
doors open at 530pm $10 tickets, $12 at door.
- TANTRIC w/ The Buddz, Voodoo Terror Tribe, Head Therapy, Paulus Hook, Lunatic Fringe, Corners Of Sanctuary – 10th Street Live 104 N 10th St, Kenilworth, New Jersey 07033 All Ages, 6:30pm, $15 / $18, show produced by DAA Entertainment.
To hear the soundtrack running through Hugo Ferreira’s head, just listen to the 13 songs on the new Tantric album. With more than 50 minutes of visceral, diverse rock, 37 Channels musically mines the soul of the Tantric singer, letting listeners inside the band’s most personal and evocative album to date—and that’s saying something for a platinum-selling group with hit singles including ‘Breakdown” and “Down and Out.” Of heady new songs like “Loss for Words,” “Where Do We Go From Here?” and “Broken,” Ferreira explains with a laugh: “I can’t afford a therapist, so this is what I do. I regurgitate all my angst and pain and confusion and joy. I’m showing more, letting people into my brain and heart.”
Helping give life to 37 Channels are an impressive list of players and friends, including Shooter Jennings (on the quirky “Mosquita”); Leif Garrett, bluesy rhythm guitarist Kenny Olson (Kid Rock); Hinder singer Austin Winkler (co-vocals to “Fault” and “Bullet”); Saving Abel guitarist Scott Bartlett, Uncle Kracker axeman Kevin McCreery; and drummer Greg Upchurch (3 Doors Down).
- Azoostic with Randy and PJ followed by Dance Floor Phillip – Shamrock Pub and Grill 210 Meadow St, Waterbury, Connecticut 06702 – 7 pm – Make reservations for this Saturday, our last show before Christmas with Randy and PJ doing their AZoostic show followed by Dance Floor Phillip, finishing up 2015 right here at The Shamrock so dust off those party shoes and lets Rage one last time before Christmas. To Make your reservations call 203-596-1902.
- Posidemic ‘Ntertainment Presents: “Trav And Eric’s Christmas Chaos And Birt – Cherry Street Station 491 N Cherry St Ext, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492 – 8 pm – Join us for our 3rd annual Christmas Chaos at Cherry Street Station on December 19th, 2015! This year, it will be in cunjunction with Trav (The Aberration) and Eric’s (Audio Vault Entertainment) Birthday Circus Extravaganza!
Featuring: Physics Of Demise, I Within I, Everybody Hates Me, Kayotik, and The Aberration
– There will be a toys for tots drive.
– They will be raffling off a guitar from Salt Of The Earth guitars with all of the proceeds going to the Wallingford Public School’s Music Department.
– And all of the money made at the door goes to help support Cherry Street Station and everything they do for the music community.
This is a 21+ show and tickets will be only $5!
Rhythm & Jules at Piano Piano Wine Bar – Piano Piano Wine Bar 1064 Main St, Fishkill, New York 12524 – 8:30 pm – Ring in the holidays with a night of music and wine with Rhythm & Jules at Piano Piano…we look forward to seeing you there!
The Shadows of Knight Holiday Party with Special Guests – Q Bar Glendale Heights 2240 Bloomingdale Rd, Glendale Heights, Illinois 60139 – 8 pm – Let Jimy know Kelley sent you! Guests:
Karl Green, original bassist of Herman’s Hermits
Ted Aliotta, of Aliotta, Haynes, Jeremiah
Michael Kurtz of Haf Bitten Moon
Danny Baughman of the “Shake” era Shadows
Norm Gotsch, original Shadows of Knight guitarist
- Come One, Come All! (Dead On Arrival)® is Performing Saturday December 19, 2015 @ Whiskey Ally’s. Located at 12 Tighe Ave in Newburgh, New York – 9 pm
- STP Tribute Silvergun Superman’s Special Event – Prime Time Sound 255 Washington St, Mount Vernon, New York 10553 – 9 pm – Silvergun Superman -Stone Temple Pilots Tribute
Downtera Pantera/Down Tribute
Come down to Primetime Sound Studios for a rock and roll Holiday Party! We will celebrate the life of Scott Weiland through the music he helped create. Join us.
Sunday December 20, 2015
- Karl Green and Jimy Sohns at All-Star Jam with Bobby Messano – Kelli’s Cuckoo’s Nest Beer Palace, Wedding Chapel and Chinese Laundry 100 Crystal St, Cary, Illinois 60013 – 8 pm – Another awesome day of great music for musicians celebrating Christmas / Cuckoo Kelli Joseph … Starring Karl Green, Bobby Messono( Blues Hall of Famer going for a Grammy) Captain Coopersmith, Practice in Public.The Day Rollers special guests : Benjamin Newell(Pistal Pete) , Jimy Sohns (Shadows of Knight) , Tallan Noble Latz, Bruce Waters , Mike Church and Allen Weissman among others.
If you would like articles like this delivered right to your inbox please subscribe to the author. Lets bring in the New Year with a calendar full of bands to see and places to go.